No announcement yet.

For the Aus guys...How many things can kill you down under?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For the Aus guys...How many things can kill you down under?

Out of curiosity, how many animals/creatures you have in and around Aus that are typically fatal to humans?

I know about the spider from hell, the box jellyfish, the scorpians...but, I'm thinking there's a lot more than what I've mentioned.

MMM I have a Dog LOL

Comment

You're forgetting the snakes, everywhere. But there's no worries if you've got a shovel ;)

Comment

I'm probably more of a danage to myself than anything else... :D

Comment

And don't forget those animals with wheels they call motor vehicles either. :D
          <center></center>

Comment

rabbits are deadly around here.. they got big, nashy teeth.. can rip your throat out in one big bite.....

Comment

We have 7 of the worlds deadliest snakes
              2 Deadly spiders (redback & funnell web)

however it is very rare for somebody to die as result of these - our main killers are

Cancer
              Cars
              http://community.smoothwall.org/foru...ic.php?t=20262

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Tweak
                I'm probably more of a danage to myself than anything else... :D
                Hahahahaha! LOL!

Comment

Drop Bears....them buggers are a dead set killer....and the only defense is to cover yourself with vegemite....they hate vegemite....
                  p-two.net

Comment

Yeah, gotta watch them Drop Bears....
                    My Uncle took me out to the forest to get some firewood and told me about drop bears (I was about 5 or 6 years old at the time) and scared the living ****e outta me with the drop bears stories...

As for deadly animals- depends on where in .au you live.

Been alot of Shark sightings this year....

Alcohol & Driving kills alot of Aussies....

Comment

Originally posted by Beefy
                      rabbits are deadly around here.. they got big, nashy teeth.. can rip your throat out in one big bite.....

Sounds like someone has been watching too much Monty Python and the Search for the Holy Grail. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
                      Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
                      My Toys

Comment

We don't have fox, racoon, squirrels or any of the fuzzy lil critters like in North America. It's thue tho - hearing about all these poisonous snakes and spiders etc. in Aust would scare you to death and make you reconsider having a holiday here, let alone living here!! :eek:

Fortunately, we aussies tend to clump in these little concrete villages (89% of the popn live in cities, according to ABS stats). The rest of the country is either desert where nothing but reptiles habituate, or forest,woodlands, swamps etc where human habitation is a challenge only for reality TV shows.

Rabbits are a big prob for farmers. Cats and dingo's too. Dingos for the most part are like foxes of Nth America. Cats - well, they're like the domesticated type, only not... ;) A special class of firearms license allows these farmers to shoot them. (the only other reason for owning a firearm in this country is for sport - ie belonging to a gun club/for use on shooting range)

What UK and NZ call bull bars, we call Kangaroo bars - a metal rollcage-type grid welded in place of (sometimes in tandem with) the front bumper of vehicles that travel alot on country roads tend to suggest that they are somewhat annoying too. If you met one in a std car going the legal road limit, there'll be little left of your pride and joy - and you're left stranded with no mobile phone reception too... Their quick, random jumping nature tends to make them somewhat of an unavoidable hazard too.

I suppose the biggest killer would be smoking or something tho...:no:
                        Onyx

TweakTown
                        OCAU - Overclockers Australia
                        CPF - CandlePower Forums

Antec 1080AMG with 430W TruePower

Comment

You know ur more likely to get killed by a champane cork than a spider.
                          (posted by izzy in olies name)
                          TT Original

Comment

Originally posted by Bahamut Zer0

Been alot of Shark sightings this year....
                            A friend of mine was diving around Port Fairy (near Warrnambool where I live), and spotted a Great White :eek:... started a major search operation :).

Comment

Originally posted by Darthtanion

Sounds like someone has been watching too much Monty Python and the Search for the Holy Grail. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
                              Hehehe.. never... ;)

Comment

Working...
                              X