Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2560x1600 resolution not obtained from integrated 880g motherboard with hd4250?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2560x1600 resolution not obtained from integrated 880g motherboard with hd4250?

i bought a 880g asrock motherboard with integrated hd4250 video card thinking it has a maximum resolution of 2560x1600. i downloaded the latest ati drivers, however i am only able to enable up to 1280x800. does anyone have a solution to this.

Re: 2560x1600 resolution not obtained from integrated 880g motherboard with hd4250?

here's some more info:

i have an asrock motherboard 880gm-le that has an onboard hd 4250 that has supposedly advertised 2560x1600 dual-dvi support but i am only getting 1280x800. i used a older computer with 8600gt graphics card that works in that mode.
    here's my bulletpoints:

-i have a hp 3065 30" monitor that has native 2560x1600 resolution.
    -currently with the latest ati/amd drivers.
    -using a dual link cable.
    -i have used it successfully with other desktop setups in the recent past.

Comment

Re: 2560x1600 resolution not obtained from integrated 880g motherboard with hd4250?

Hi there,

From what you've said so far, I am assuming you are using the on-board graphics as your only display device for the current system. As you have stated you are using the latest AMD/ATi drivers, I am going to presume you also have the correct driver installed for your monitor (you could always see if a downloadable version is available from your manufacturer, if you're using a default Windows driver). Assuming it's not a driver issue, taking a quick look at the manual available on the ASRock site, it looks like you may want to try the following BIOS options, both found in Advanced -> Chipset Configuration:

Set the "Primary Graphics Adapter" to [Onboard],
      Set "Share Memory" to [512MB];

This will hopefully give your onboard video access to the resources it needs to run at such an extreme resolution. Alas, the nature of shared memory may also mean that system performance may be compromised if you are running, say, 1-2 gigs of RAM and sacrificing a quarter to half of it just for video. In any case, if the maximum settings at least get you succesfully to your desired resolution, you can start decreasing the shared memory from there, to try to strike the right balance. Good luck!

Comment

thanks jwk for the suggestions,
        my issue has been resolved!!!
        i was able to self-diagnose the problem.
        the answer to this problem in case anyone ever has this problem.
        if you have an AMI BIOS, you have to disable the onboard HDMI audio under the advanced chipset configuration. i believe they probably share the same bandthwidth or port somehow which caused the default value of only single dvi view maximum resolution of 1280x800 instead of 2560x1600.
        Now i have native resolution on my 30" monitor!

Comment

Haha, I might never have guessed modifying HDMI *audio* settings would have such an impact on your video output capabilities. Such a random solution, but at least it seems it was an easy one. :) Hopefully it doesn't mean that if you move on to an HDMI-capable video/audio setup, that your resolution will once again be bottlenecked - time will tell!

Comment

Working...
          X