Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Going Backwards???

Howdy,

New to this forum and just starting to get back into my computer after a little break (18 months).

I have come up against a small prob that really has me beat and I'd appreciate so help/advice.

When I bump up my FSB from 133 to say 138 I lose about 2000 3d marks (2001 se)!!!! What the hell is going on???

System is as follows
    XP2000+
    GA-VRXP
    512 Kingmax value (266)
    60MB WD
    Triplex Ti4200 128MB

Doesn't matter how I increase it (BIOS or Software) or if I increase voltage or anything It always loses about 2000 marks..

BTW I get a little over 10000 with a slightly OC Video card does this seem right???

Hoping someone can help
    Dek

i could do with knowing what geforce 4 card you habe and what mobo you have
    bear in mind the FSB effects the speed of the AGP (66 Mhz) PCI (33 Mhz)

maybe your board just doesnt like it though

post more info pleez

your score for 3dmark seems ok but depends on what chip your on about, i have a ti4400 and my score is below

Comment

It sounds like the videocard is protesting whats coming through the AGP slot. Do you have the ability to isolate that to keep it at 66?

Comment

Some mobos are not for oc'ing. I am not familiar with the settings on your mobo, so I don't know if you can overcome the problem. I agree that the problem is probably that the AGP bus is frequency locked to the FSB. As you increase the freq of the FSB, you are also increasing the freq of the AGP & PCI busses. The AGP bus can can start encountering errors when it is only slightly out of spec(66mz). To successfully overclock, your mobo should support increasing the FSB freq independantly of the other busses in the BIOS. If it does not, and the BIOS cannot be upgraded to do so, you are probably SOL for oc'ing.

Comment

Now that's very strange. :confused:

I've got the same board in my No.2 PC and I'm runnin' @ 150MHz FSB with a 1800+ but I use their "DDR333" PC2700 modules. It's likely the memory in your case causing the problem though but I havn't used Kingmax's "value" line of memory so I couldn't say for sure. :smokin:
          <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

Hey Wiggo,

Is there any way to jack up the FSB while leaving the AGP and memory at standard levels....

I've looked quickly through the manuel and couldn't spot it....

I was thinking maybe its a heat issue and I turned the thermal protection off .....

I'm current got temps of 50-55c is this too high?? I was thinking of getting a new CPU cooler Any ideas??

Cheers

Comment

Sorry but no you can't lock the AGP/PCI bus and just tickle the FSB with this chipset. Those temps are a little high though so maybe a better cooler will help but then some better case ventilation maybe all that's needed. ;)
              <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

Working...
              X