Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you want to purchase cheap RAM look here!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you want to purchase cheap RAM look here!

This place is the CHEAPEST I have found on the net (If anyone knows a cheaper place to buy ram just post here!) Also I live in the US so I don't know if that makes a difference, but here is the address...... http://www.ld-technology.com/ Like I said, this is the best place I have found to buy ram cheap! I have a 512 mb of SDRAM that I purchased from them for $55 before the prices went lower! Now I am going to get TWO more 512 mb of SDRAM and have 1.5 gig of sdram on my motherboard which is the MOST I can have! And the BEST part! I can get it for 34.00 EACH!! That is only 68.00 total for over 1 gig of SDRAM! They also have other RAM too ! Check the site out!
    Here are my specs:
    System Specs: ATX generic case with Antec 550 watt power supply. ASUS A7N8X Deluxe Motherboard. Western Digital 7,200 RPM 40 gig IDE Hard Drive.(NTFS- file system) AMD Athlon XP 2600 processor.(standard fan and heatsink-Thoroughbred Core-standard speed-NO OVERCLOCK) 1 gig of Samsung DDRAM(PC 2700- 333 mhz....2-512mb sticks running in dual channel mode).Ati Radeon 8x 9600 XT (8x is enabled on motherboard). Soundblaster Audigy 2 sound card. Motorola sb 5100 cable modem (Insight Communications-Cable Connection) BenQ 16x DVD- RECORDER.(records -R/-RW or +R/+RW and CD-R formats) LG 52x32x52 CD Burner. Zip 100 internal drive and a generic 3.5 floppy drive. Windows XP Professional Operating System. I also have a HP Deskjet 3520 inkjet printer and a KDS X Flat 17 inch CRT monitor.

Prices on a number of things look interesting. How well are they rated as an online merchant?

Comment

thought I've never bought or heard from this place I looked them up at resellerratings.com. There not even listen lol. Could this mean something? :?:

Comment

Well i doubt it means they are bad otherwise people would have registered the name and complained about the at Resellerratings.com. Anyhow, my guess is that ram is generic PC133 CL3. You can get 512MB of generic PC133 CL3 for $105, anyhow, i wouldnt wanna touch the stuff.

Comment

you know I was sorta thinking the same thing. It has to be generic. On crucial.com I can get 512mb of ram right now for about $512USD crucial is really low priced to cause they get there ram directly from micron. So they don't have to go through many resellers.

Comment

Well what can you expect with prices so low?? You can't expect to have brand name memory and STILL pay a low price like this! But I am using it now in my computer with no problems at all...ram is ram to me and if I can get it cheaper here, then that is what I am gonna do.
            Here are my specs:
            System Specs: ATX generic case with Antec 550 watt power supply. ASUS A7N8X Deluxe Motherboard. Western Digital 7,200 RPM 40 gig IDE Hard Drive.(NTFS- file system) AMD Athlon XP 2600 processor.(standard fan and heatsink-Thoroughbred Core-standard speed-NO OVERCLOCK) 1 gig of Samsung DDRAM(PC 2700- 333 mhz....2-512mb sticks running in dual channel mode).Ati Radeon 8x 9600 XT (8x is enabled on motherboard). Soundblaster Audigy 2 sound card. Motorola sb 5100 cable modem (Insight Communications-Cable Connection) BenQ 16x DVD- RECORDER.(records -R/-RW or +R/+RW and CD-R formats) LG 52x32x52 CD Burner. Zip 100 internal drive and a generic 3.5 floppy drive. Windows XP Professional Operating System. I also have a HP Deskjet 3520 inkjet printer and a KDS X Flat 17 inch CRT monitor.

Comment

That is a sign of inexperience. All the "brand name" type ram dont only have advantages when it comes to overclocking, they are properly tested, and will last much longer, and generally have a much lower defect rate, trust me, there is a very big difference between generic and non-generic ram. Personally i would pay the extra for some ram from a reputable company.

Comment

In the FIRST PLACE I don't over clock any of my stuff! That just pushes it to limits outside what it was meant to be pushed! As long as I don't overclock my stuff......I am running my "cheap ram" with no problems whatsoever! So if you want to pay high prices to overclock something, go ahead. But I HAVE used cheap ram before with absolutely NO PROBLEMS! So I really see no reason to change.
                Here are my specs:

Comment

Lower grade memory has its place in life to or I wouldn't put it into office PC's. ;)
                  <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

Working...
                  X