PDA

View Full Version : P7P55D-E Deluxe S3 Resume; RAM CL is not correct.

cesthree
11-05-2010, 12:23 AM
Howdy,

I can't be happier about this mobo; the EVGA P55 FTW I had previously was the "fool me 3 times, shame on me" example after a 780i, 790i Ultra, and P55 SLI. Never again for EVGA motherboards.

Anyways.

Whenever I resume my system from S3 standby the RAM CL timing is incorrect.
I do not think I am having an issue with CPU-Z or AIDA64 because both of those software applications display identical RAM timings when this occurs.

Note: I have set the BIOS entry for "ASUS/3rd Party UI Priority" setting to "3rd Party" because I don't use any of the ASUS software.

Currently I am running at 1600Mhz 7-7-7-21-2N. If I put my machine to sleep, when I wake it up the timings will change to 8-7-7-21-2N.

When I reboot the system the CL setting returns to 7; this change only happens when putting the system into a standby state, and then waking the system up.

Hopefully I am not missing some other BIOS setting that would alleviate this issue; it is not too terrible to reboot the system, but it kind of defeats the purpose of using S3.

Thanks for any help with this matter.

Peace out!

cesthree
11-05-2010, 12:24 AM
Forgot to mention that I am using BIOS version 1002 and Windows Professional x64. Will update sig to reflect hardware.

Lsdmeasap
11-05-2010, 02:22 PM
This is a known Intel chipset issue, it is only cosmetic and not actually the incorrect value, X58 is affected as well.

cesthree
11-05-2010, 09:16 PM
Coolio. Thanks man.

LSDmeasap is representing ASUS now? or are you just showing them how it's done? Joking, joking.

Thanks again, you've helped me a bunch in the past too!

Lsdmeasap
11-07-2010, 05:56 PM
Na, I just saw no one had replied and I knew about the issue is all.

I'm actually waiting on a reply from the Asus rep here too via PM, looks like he's been here a few times too with no reply :(

Anytime man, happy to help no matter what brand is being used! :)

Yikes2000
05-25-2011, 03:32 PM
Forgot to mention that I am using BIOS version 1002 and Windows Professional x64. Will update sig to reflect hardware.

I observed the same behavior with Gigabyte motherboards with Intel P55 chipset. See my recent post:
http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte/44485-pesky-s3-hal-event-12-error-windows-7-w-ga-p55-ud4p-ga-p55-ud2-others.html.

Do you also see HAL Event 12 errors in Windows system log when this happens?