MAFIA game LOCKUP in win xp pro!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MAFIA game LOCKUP in win xp pro!

I am having a problem with the game mafia! I have installed and tried to run the game, but I only can get to the part at the beginning of the game where the guy walks into the diner and then the game locks up! I have had an error message which reads: "a problem has been decteted and windows has been shut down to prevent damage t you computer. driver_IRQL_ not_less_or_equal If this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps: check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed. If this is a new installation, ask your hardware or software manufacturer for any windows updates you might need. If problems continue, disable or remove any newly installed hardware or software. Disable bios memory options such as caching or shadowing. If you need to use safe mode to remove or disable components, restart your computer, press f8 to select advanced startup options and then select safe mode. Technical Information: stop: 0x000000D1 (ox0004DE74, x00000010, 0x00000001, 0xf81EA613) EMU10k1F.sys- address F81EA613 base at F81C4000, datestamp 3678D09D beginning dump of physical memory. physical memory dump complete. contact your system administrator ortechnical support group for further assistance." THAT is the WHOLE error message (blue screen) I got form off my computer when it crashed after running MAFIA. My system specs are: ATX case with 300 watt power supply. Soyo SYK7VTA Pro motherboard with AMD athlon xp 2000 chip. 512 SDRAM. 56 k modem motorola (NOT USED) Creative labs 5.1 digital sound card ( drivers for win xp) Abit Siluro Ge Force 4 Ti 4200 video card with 64 mb of memory(AGP) usb card with two insetrs that fit in pci slot. Plexwriter 40/12/40a ATAPI Acer 56x CD Drive. Zip 100 drive internal ATAPI and a 3.5 generic drive. WHAT IS WRONG!! I have downloaded the latest drivers for my abit siluro for win xp and TRIED to download the latest drivers for my video card (creative labs 5.1 soundblaster) BUT they use JAVA links and my stupid computer won't display them correctly....so I am using the ones that came on the CD! I have heard a LOT of people with Ge Force Ti 4200 cards of different brands having the same problem! Can ANYONE tell me from the info above what is wrong on my machine and why it seems to run my other software fine until I try to play MAFIA?? Please post if you know what (I need to do to get this game running on my machine! Thanks!
    Here are my specs:
    System Specs: ATX generic case with Antec 550 watt power supply. ASUS A7N8X Deluxe Motherboard. Western Digital 7,200 RPM 40 gig IDE Hard Drive.(NTFS- file system) AMD Athlon XP 2600 processor.(standard fan and heatsink-Thoroughbred Core-standard speed-NO OVERCLOCK) 1 gig of Samsung DDRAM(PC 2700- 333 mhz....2-512mb sticks running in dual channel mode).Ati Radeon 8x 9600 XT (8x is enabled on motherboard). Soundblaster Audigy 2 sound card. Motorola sb 5100 cable modem (Insight Communications-Cable Connection) BenQ 16x DVD- RECORDER.(records -R/-RW or +R/+RW and CD-R formats) LG 52x32x52 CD Burner. Zip 100 internal drive and a generic 3.5 floppy drive. Windows XP Professional Operating System. I also have a HP Deskjet 3520 inkjet printer and a KDS X Flat 17 inch CRT monitor.

wow.....I got extremely similiar if not the exact same error messages with my old FIC AD11. At first when I was looking at memory dump I thought it was my ram so I got new ram from crucial actually an exchange just to make sure and I still had the problems. THen I thought ok the next thing that has ram is video so I put my video card in another computer. First off the game causing lock ups was quake 3. I put my geforce 3 in someone elses computer and quake 3 ran flawless. Now I was really onto something. My friend told me it might be my mobo. I was upset but I got a new one and it turns out he was exactly right. My mobo was bad. Every since I got my 8kha+ all problems went away. Now this does not mean in any way that your board is bad I'm just suggesting that you do these steps. Put your ram in someone elses comp and exchange pieces if you can if your still in warranty do an exchange.

Comment

Well I am beginning to believe that this game is buggy! Because I went to the mafia board hosted by game spy and a LOT of people with different configurations are having lockups! I have set my sound card to NO acceleration and video to 16 bit but no change! Also I read on that board that one guy took his back to the store TWO TIMES because of the lockups he had! My MB is brand new and so is my chip!! Also, my SDRAM is new! So I don't believe that is the problem. What needs to happen is a patch from the people that made the game! When word gets around how buggy this game is their sales will drop....mabye then we will see some action!
      Here are my specs:
      System Specs: ATX generic case with Antec 550 watt power supply. ASUS A7N8X Deluxe Motherboard. Western Digital 7,200 RPM 40 gig IDE Hard Drive.(NTFS- file system) AMD Athlon XP 2600 processor.(standard fan and heatsink-Thoroughbred Core-standard speed-NO OVERCLOCK) 1 gig of Samsung DDRAM(PC 2700- 333 mhz....2-512mb sticks running in dual channel mode).Ati Radeon 8x 9600 XT (8x is enabled on motherboard). Soundblaster Audigy 2 sound card. Motorola sb 5100 cable modem (Insight Communications-Cable Connection) BenQ 16x DVD- RECORDER.(records -R/-RW or +R/+RW and CD-R formats) LG 52x32x52 CD Burner. Zip 100 internal drive and a generic 3.5 floppy drive. Windows XP Professional Operating System. I also have a HP Deskjet 3520 inkjet printer and a KDS X Flat 17 inch CRT monitor.

Comment

Well yes if that's case with alot of people complaining. Then ya I would put my money on the buggy game. Are there any updates or patches to fix some of the problems?

As for your hardware being new? Like I said before I'll say it again and further detail. Back in september of 2001. I built my computer this was before athlonxp's or geforce 3ti500's so my hardware was pretty much top of the line. I got an athlon thunderbird 1.4Ghz and an AD11 with a leadtek geforce 3. I was having problems right from the start. This went on for several months until I got the money to buy a new board. In about february. Shows that brand new hardware can come out funky right out of the box. Heh I still have the board in its box I wanted to sell it on ebay but can't anymore. I guess I'm gonna have to hold onto it or something.

Comment

As far as my motherboard and chip goes, I have had ABSOULTELY no problems with it at all with any software I have run....until this game! As long as I don't play the game... windows and every program I have works terriffic! So I guess I will have to wait for a patch which has not come out yet, but I have a feeling it will.....when enough returns on this game are made!!
          Here are my specs:

Comment

Technical Information: stop: 0x000000D1 (ox0004DE74, x00000010, 0x00000001, 0xf81EA613) EMU10k1F.sys
            EMU10k1 is a SoundBlaster Digital Signal Processor (DSP) chip. Did you by chanced download the SB drivers for WinXP? If so, then they suck. Just use the ones that Microsoft came up with. Though they don't have the fancy equalizer and guitar programs, I have yet to have any problems with my sound card. Beforehand, I had constant conflicts and eventually had to just reinstall Windows.

Good luck. :)
            Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
            My Toys

Comment

Originally posted by Darthtanion
              EMU10k1 is a SoundBlaster Digital Signal Processor (DSP) chip. Did you by chanced download the SB drivers for WinXP? If so, then they suck. Just use the ones that Microsoft came up with. Though they don't have the fancy equalizer and guitar programs, I have yet to have any problems with my sound card. Beforehand, I had constant conflicts and eventually had to just reinstall Windows.

Good luck. :)

Thanks Darthtaninon! That is what I need to know...what the error message was about! Now I can uninstall my drivers for my SB card and use the windows xp drivers instead!
              Here are my specs:

Comment

Working...
              X