Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• About FANBUS!

I am a new member of this forum and i have a question:
    Which is the best guide to make a good an useful fanbus?
    Do you think of any link?
    Please help me because i have no idea how to make one.
    Any opinion is acceptable.
    Thank you very much.:)

P.S. Sorry but my English isn't so good:cry:

Try here:

Comment

Comment

or u could look for "cliffs fanbus" google will find it fast enuff

Comment

Originally posted by Demon
          or u could look for "cliffs fanbus" google will find it fast enuff
          or just type in http://www.fanbus.com/ and save a couple of seconds :p
          TweakTown SETI@home Team

Comment

Type? I would've cut 'n' paste plus save more time. :D

Comment

now that i think about it, you could have just click on my link and saved even more time :p
              TweakTown SETI@home Team

Comment

*cough* heres some self pimpage *cough*

Comment

This will depend on your needs... Some people think a fanbus which can switch fans from 0 -7 - 12V is nice enough... Others want more...

I am currently developing a baybus, fully microcontroller controlled with 4 FAN outputs which you can regulate by simply using a small piece of software which has 4 slidebars!

The unit is called the "Xtreme Baybus", and has MANY features, including alphanumerical LCD display driver, 8 fadeable LEDs, 4 temp sensor inputs, up to 3 HDD/NETW activity inputs etc. etc. etc.

Check out http://www.xtremehardware.tk :D

and navigate to "developments" "Xtreme Baybus" by clicking on the plusses in de menu on the left (Yes I know the site is crummy :laugh: )

Comment

Wow, nice setup there EASY, I don't think I will order one (don't have that much extra money/dont really need one). But still is pretty ingenious.

Comment

ya so fan buses should clear things up. I'm interested in building one becuase I'm tired of alll the best that I have in my window. I have a mid tower case and I inntevsted over $100USD in mods for my case. That is alot for a 17 year old without a job. Anyway my point is this.

Ya it clears things up airflow and looks wise. But what about the cables that lead up to the bus? Those still have to be organized as well. Or is that so easy that you can simply bundle them up put it in spiral wrap and make it one giant cable leading up to the bus.

Comment

i'd suggest lengthening the fan wires, and then using the extra length as to hide the wires themselves, or tucked/taped to the edge of the case, so that they cant be seen.

of course, this would need the fanbus to be in a discreet location as well.

Comment

And how about current? Do you really think the power supply would be cable of powering all those fans which draw all that current from one power cable? What about the heat that comes off of it?

Comment

well, so long as you dont load too many fans onto the same set of wires, i guess it should be ok. id suggest not more than maybe 4 - 6 fans, depending on the size of the fans themselves.also use at least 18awg wire for lengthening work, though some might suggest different gauge values for the wire.

Comment

Working...
                            X