My athlon 1300

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My athlon 1300

Hi guys, when I try to overclock my cpu at 110*13=1430 mhz it runs but after a couple of minutes it hangs in windows. But when I try this at 109*13=1417 mhz it runs perfectly. What is the problem? I think it is the motherboard! What could it be?? Anyone a solution? I know one thing it's not the temparature and not the ram! I think the mobo limites me to overclock any higher with fsb!

Well MySTiCuSS, you have a KT133 based motherboard. Unfortunately, 109MHz is probably the most you will get out of it - they don't overclock too well :(
    What came first - Insanity or Society?

Comment

Yep, Albinus hit the nail right on the head here. Your KT133 chipset is to blame as it does not really support anything close to 133MHz bus speeds.

If you're bound and determined to get the most out of the processor, then you'll need to get a new motherboard with a better chipset mounted. KT266A based boards are the rave right now, and for a damn good reason... They can handle bus speeds higher than any other board out there. Check out some reviews and it won't take you long to see successful overclocks in the 225+ MHz range! :eek:

Your motherboard used to be a great one, but it can't even come close to keeping up with today's competition.
      Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
      My Toys

Comment

Will it help to place another cooler on the northbridge chip, or can I throw the board away LOL.:?:

Comment

Cooling the Northbridge will probably not help much. The limitation is in the build of the KT133 chipset. It just doesn't have the capability to handle FSB speeds much above 108 or so. I was able to occasionally get up to 111 on my old KT7 board, but that was it.
          My Toys

Comment

Yeah ok the KT7 is not a good board anymore but I don't have the money to buy a new one!

Comment

Then you'll just have to be content with what you have now, or hope that Santa is good to you this year. ;)
              My Toys

Comment

Yup.:( KT133 limitation. Oh well, I'm getting a new mobo next week.

Comment

Just be happy with what ya have there MySTiCuSS and if it helps just think of what I use every day. ;)
                  <center></center>

Comment

or worse still......what i use:eek: :cry:

Comment

Yeah now ^that^ just brightened my day. :D
                      <center></center>

Comment

Yeah I'm happy!!!!!

Comment

Something happend: I have upgraded my power supply to a 400watt ENERMAX one and guess what!! My cpu is running at 112 mhz!! So that means 1456mhz, i haven't tried to overclock further, will try in a moment!

Comment

HELP??? It still keeps climbing!!! What is wrong with the kt7? now running 113*13 1471mhz! I think I now have found the limit of my motherboard! It is still running at the default voltage 1.75. I think maybe when i raise the voltage i can overclock higher.

Comment

Here is the picture to prove it

Comment

Working...
                              X