noobie query

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• noobie query

Ive always wondered, how people have 2 or monitors attached to their pc. One being their desktop other being Mirc, their Ftp monitor etc. How would i go about setting this up, it would look awesome.
    Btw i have a Leadtek GF3 ti200, i notice it has 2 ports for monitors, yet i have not experimented yet. Has anyone else ??

Usually with dual display people have two video cards. In most cases an AGP card and a PCI card. On the leadtek card........are you sure its two separte ports for regular monitors? Or one for CRT the other is S-Video and the other is DVI? If so I have the same thing. I'm not sure if it would work and I'm not sure if it wouldn't.

Comment

There are a number of video cards today that support 2 monitors. Most will only support 1 crt and 1 lcd panel.(Matrox being a notable exception. Their dual-head technology has supported 2 crts for years.) These cards can operate both monitors at the same time and can be configured in the display settings. My Gainward GF2 4200 calls the feature Nview. I'm sure that the vid card manual, help files, or Leadtek's site will answer your questions about functions, limitations, and setup.

Comment

Ahhh I see, so i believe matrox are the way to go. hurm..
        Yes, RD I am incorrect, the ports on my 3dfx card are not for 2 crt monitors :D:D
        WIsh they were though.

Comment

Working...
        X