Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pioneer DVD-116 (No Digital Audio Connectoin)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pioneer DVD-116 (No Digital Audio Connectoin)

Just bought myself the Pioneer DVD-116. Seems like a very good DVD player. However, when I went to hook it up to my Creative Labs Sound Blaster Audigy Gamer Sound Card I noticed it only had an "ANALOG AUDIO" connection. There is no DIGITAL AUDIO connection on this DVD player.

FYI: It's cousin the Pioneer DVD-106S does have this Digital Audio connection. It's basically the same DVD-ROM but is slot loaded and not tray loaded like the DVD-116.

My QUESTION:
    Will I notice much of a difference in sound quality with only an Analog Audio connection going into my Sound Card?

Is it worth spending the extra money for a DVD-ROM that has the digital audio connection?

My system speakers are the Yamaha TSS-1B 6 piece Dolby Digital/DTS Surround Sound computer speakers.

Digital audio will be transfered through the ide cable. You shouldn't need the 2 conductor cable hooked up to the sound card to enable digital audio. If you have good speakers, digital will sound a lot better.

Comment

yup. Digital speakers + digital source=yummy sound.

pretty sure the retail kit version of the 116 model has digital, and the oem comes with analog only. :(

the slot-load drive are awesome (ive got one) and dropping in price too. However, there are better performing drives out there such as the Toshiba DVD-ROM. 'luck to you finding one.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback!

Comment

Working...
        X