PDA

View Full Version : problem with oc p4 and games please help

interceptor
09-10-2002, 08:38 AM
i hope someone can help me with my problem!!!!!
i have an p4 1,6A @ 2,13 GHz and all programms run very stable on it (benchmarks, prime 95 and others)but if i want to start a game ( counterstrike or warcraft III or something else) he stops totaly , the "sound" is very loud and totally damaged , nothing go on and i can reset
idont know what it can be, the geforce 2 on 1,6 ghz is running god and tha ram too

please help me

Wiggo
09-10-2002, 10:55 AM
This sounds more like a driver issue than anything else. If your running 2K or XP check the os log for any probs listed there with either your sound or video drivers. ;)
<center>:cheers:</center>

DaoWay
09-14-2002, 08:57 AM
Are your agp/pci slots locked at 66/33?

interceptor
09-14-2002, 09:02 AM
agp and pci are locked at 66\33 in the bios but i dont know the reality about the agp pci clock.
and where can i find the agp pci clock under windows?
mfg interceptor

tbertram
09-19-2002, 06:20 PM
i hope someone can help me with my problem!!!!!
i have an p4 1,6A @ 2,13 GHz and all programms run very stable on it (benchmarks, prime 95 and others)but if i want to start a game ( counterstrike or warcraft III or something else) he stops totaly , the "sound" is very loud and totally damaged , nothing go on and i can reset
idont know what it can be, the geforce 2 on 1,6 ghz is running god and tha ram too

please help me

You may want to lax the memory settings. I had the same problem with that board but, I use Corsair XMS 3000. I also had issues with a driver from the Creative Audigy card that would cause my system to hang while playing games. Good luck in trying to download drivers from creative as they have a waiting que that enables faster downloads for users that are actually able to access the drivers.

Cheers.