ECDC 5 Plat Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ECDC 5 Plat Update

Beware: Roxio just posted an update for ECDC 5 Platinum to version 5.3.1.154 and it's got major bugs. Always before when opening to make a Data CD, the intializing engine took 5 seconds before you select where on the computer the files were located to burn. With this update it takes 10-12 minutes. Also Ctrl+Alt+Delete will NOT open task manager to stop the program. I reversed back to my older 5.1D version and everything is roses again! This happened in NT-W2000- XP and these are all on different scsi hard drives booted seperately. So it's not my operating system at fault.

Thanks for the heads up on this. I used to use EZ CD Platinum when it first came out and I was on another OS, which could be why it worked, however now I'm on XP and although some people have got it to work I for one never did even with all the patches and upgrades. I've run into more people that it doesn't work for than people who it does work for. I've used Nero ever since and given the choice between an app that's 12mb or one that's 105mb for burning I'll go with the one that suits my needs. EZ CD did have a nice user interface though but now that Nero has Express incorporated into it... you're pretty much set.

Comment

Working...
    X