IE 6 SP1 Upgrade problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IE 6 SP1 Upgrade problem

A while back when ie 6 sp1 was a beta, i downloaded and installed one of the beta release. While having the beta installed on my system, I updated the browser to 128 bit encryption. Now when I try to install the final SP1, I get an error say that my current version is newer.

When i go to HELP > About Internet Explorer, my Ie version is 6.0.2813.3000. For those that thinks i am lying, here is a screenshot, I have highlighted the section in red. I have no idea how this error came to be, but i would really like to fix it so i can install SP1 Final. All comments and suggestions are welcome.

Comment

Um why did you have to upgrade the browser to 128 bit encryption. Everything starting with 5.5 and higher was 128 bit. But, for your problem do this: Go to your Add/Remove programs. If Microsoft Internet Explorer shows up there, highlight it and hit Remove or what ever button it is. It should give you a choice to repair previous windows configuration. Go with that, it whould take you back to before the beta update you did. Then try the real upgrade again. If that fails, you can open the registry (using regedit of course), and navigate here.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer

and delete the Version on the right side.

Then download and re-install the latest version of IE.

That should take care of it.

Later

Comment

Thanks a lot. I installed SP1 now. Thanks again. :p

Comment

Was it one of my suggestions? Which one? Did you get it before my suggestions?

Later

Comment

Working...
          X