GA-H55M-S2H SPDIF issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GA-H55M-S2H SPDIF issue

sup. I have a Gigabyte mobo model GA-H55M-S2H, BIOS F5. Running Win7 Ultimate x64. Intel Core i7 860.

I just installed the latest audio drivers from the Gigabyte website.

I'm trying to use my PX5 headset with my pc thru the optical output but the output seems unresponsive. When plugged into my PS3 the optical cable lights up on the other end. When plugged into the PC it does not. Nor does the Realtek HD audio manager acknowledge it's been plugged in. Is there something else I need to do? Is there an on off switch for it somewhere I'm missing? Thanks. Nothing ever just works.

Re: GA-H55M-S2H SPDIF issue

Is the digital playback enabled?

Comment

Yes, it is enabled. Set to default. Play a track and click the speaker icon in the taskbar and you can see audio playing but you cant hear it. The jack has yet to be responsive in any way. When I plug in my three wire 5.1 surround Realtek HD audio manager has a pop up dialog for each wire asking what I plugged in. When I plug into the SPDIF OUT jack nothing happens. It's as if it's not there.

Comment

Any ideas? Is it just screwed up you think?

Comment

Have you tried to install the inf file yet?

Comment

Where would that be located?

Comment

On the CD that came with the monitor, or manufacturer site.

Comment

Monitor? You mean mobo? I have my Gigabyte mobo disc. What INF file am I looking for? There are 76 under the audio folder all of which have odd names.

Comment

Sorry wrong thread LOL.
                  I am not sure if the SPDIF ports are detectable like the reg input/output, anything in the manual about it?

Comment

B. S/PDIF Out
                    The S/PDIF Out jack can transmit audio signals to an external decoder for decoding to get the best audio quality.
                    1. Connecting a S/PDIF Out Cable:
                    Connect a S/PDIF optical cable to an external decoder for transmitting the S/PDIF digital audio signals.
                    S/PDIF Optical Cable

2. Configuring S/PDIF Out:
                    On the Digital Output screen, click the Default Format tab and then select the sample rate and bit depth. Click OK to complete.
                    Connect a S/PDIF optical cable to an external decoder for transmitting the S/PDIF digital audio

Thats about all it says to do. So apparently my spdif out is nonfunctional or something.

Are there different types of optical audio cables? Maybe I cant use the same one I use with my PS3/Turtle Beach?

Comment

I have no knowlege about this.
                      Do you use the optical output or coax?
                      I can see some red light coming from the SPDIF out optical connector, is yours lit too?

Comment

Yeah I'm using an optical cable. Its illuminated when plugged into my ps3 output but not when plugged into my PC output. Nothing happens at all when I plug it into my PC.
                        Last edited by hepmehplz; 06-22-2011, 04:01 PM.

Comment

No light from the SPDIF without plugging the cable?
                          If not prolly faulty MB.

Comment

Thats what I was thinking. I cant seem to get the HDMI port to work either. I have a gfx card with the same vid output so that doesnt matter. Would like the spdif output to work tho. May have to get a USB one. Thanks anyway.

Comment

The board should be warented by the seller and if not you have 3 years warrenty from GB.
                              The HDMI works with the CPU integrated graphics I believe, and the i7 860 does not have it.

Comment

Working...
                              X