Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conroe1333-GLAN & GT440

Hello!

I have recently bought an Asus GT440 1Gb DDR5 (ENGT440/DI/1GD5) video card, properly installed it in to the PCI-E x16 slot, connected my display (Asus PG191) to the video card via DVI, and turned on my PC.
    I have seemingly successfully installed the Asus VGA driver (266.33) from the, provided with the Video Card, CD, since after the installation the reboot request followed.

But even after the reboot, there is still no Video card (Adapter) shown in the Control Panel->Display->Screen Resolution->Advanced, and all the fields are .
    In the Control Panel->Display->Screen Resolution->Advanced(Adapter tab)->Properties(General tab) is the "VgaSave" shown.
    Control Panel->Display->Screen Resolution->Advanced(Adapter tab)->Properties(Resources tab) is shown that some insert\output (I\O) and memory ranges are already in use:

Input/Output Range 03B0 - 03BB used by: Intel(R) 945G/GZ/P/PL PCI Express Root Port - 2771
    Input/Output Range 03C0 - 03DF used by: Intel(R) 945G/GZ/P/PL PCI Express Root Port - 2771
    Memory Range 000A0000 - 000BFFFF used by: Intel(R) 945G/GZ/P/PL PCI Express Root Port - 2771

Installing any other drivers (266.33, 267.85. 275.33) from the Asus, Nvidia and GeForce sites were not successfull, as they, and the GeForce site's NVIDIA GPU Reader could not recognize any supported hardware.

The Intel(R) 945G/GZ/P/PL PCI Express Root Port - 2771 device in Control Panel->Devices and Printers->MyPC(Devices tab) is shown with a yellow-background exclamation mark and the following is shown in the Control Panel->Devices and Printers->MyPC(Devices tab)-> Intel(R) 945G/GZ/P/PL PCI Express Root Port - 2771:

Device type: System device
    Manufacturer: Intel

Device status

Your computer's system firmware does not include enough information to properly configure and use this device. To use this device, contact your computer manufacturer to obtain a firmware or BIOS update. (Code 35)
    ( From the Explanation of error codes generated by Device Manager in Windows XP Professional )

Thus, I have checked if my BIOS (1.50) was up-to-date and i have found that it is the latest ConRoe1333-GLAN BIOS version (1.50) (http://www.asrock.com/mb/download.as... of 2011/06/20 )
    As a precaution, i have downloaded the latest (1.50) BIOS from the Asrock site as of 2011/06/16 and updated it. (while using 1.50, updated to the same 1.50)

I have also checked my BIOS version as requested in the ( ASRock > Support > BIOS Version Finding ) asrock site.
    -1. Sticker on the BIOS chipset: CONROE 1333-GLAN P1.20.12B
    -2. During POST: P1.50
    -3. BIOS setup: P1.50
    -4. CPU-Z: P1.50

Nevertheless, my PC is still unable to recognize the Asus GT440 (1GB DDR5) video card, as i do not have the required BIOS version.
    I am requesting help with this issue, with hope for any kind of support you may provide.

My PC - ASRock ConRoe 1333-GLAN (Socket 775), Intel Core 2 Duo E6550, 2GB DDR2-800 A-Data + 2GB DDR2-800 Kingston, Samsung HD501LJ, Windows 7.
    If any additional information is required, please notify me and i will reply.

P.S. Please forgive any language difficulties\misunderstandings i may have given you.
Working...
X