Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• O/C Celeron 1.7 ghz...Help!

hey guys,
    i got a new computer with the celeron 1.7 ghz cpu, and i wanna overclock it to 2.0 ghz or higher, Anandtech.com overclocked their celeron to 2.26 ghz. Id like to give it a try. The question is, HOW? I read article after article on overclocking, took a look at my mobo manual, need some help pls. Look over my manual and tell me if you know how to overclock this. THanks in advance.

PcChips M925LR
    ftp://210.17.18.14/MENU/M925LR/925s13.zip

:afro::afro: :devil: :devil:

Unless there is some provision in the BIOS for adjusting the FSB frequency then you're out of luck with that board. PC Chips make motherboards basically for OEM PC builders who don't want ppl to mess with things. :(
    To get more from your CPU will probably require a motherboard that supports overclocking. :smokin:
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

Agreed. PC Chips doesn't cater to the enthusiast crowd, so you'll need a board that lets you play a bit. There are several good boards out there that will allow you the freedom of tweaking your choice of processor.

Good luck! :)
      Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
      My Toys

Comment

in the manual it said something about changing the jumper settings so the cpu frequency was 133 instead of 100 mhz. i tried it but the computer wouldnt boot up. did i do something wrong?

Comment

Well it just goes to show that the CPU won't go that far and you need to find somewhere in between which I really don't think that your BIOS supports but do have a good look around in there just in case. I'd tell ya more but I can't even d/l a manual from them. :(
          <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

I looked up what Pcchips calls their service table and located your motherboard. It is only designed to support a 100mz FSB. This board is not worth trying to tweak.

Comment

:cry: ah oh well... guess ill just buy a new mobo. thanks for all the help guyz.:afro:

Comment

I have a intel celeron 1.7g's and have it clocked at 2.18 very nicely. I have read that they can go as far as 2.35. You can get a motherboard that is real easy to over clock your cpu ASUS P4S533 it is a nice board that i have found to have the easiest clockable features and you just change the fsb in the bios sub-menu. Good luck

:snip:

Comment

Working...
                X