a good low cost card ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a good low cost card ?

games are not my main thing but I do have some and want the best performance I can get for for a reasonable price .

It depends on what you consider a reasonable price. If you're looking for a good card for under US$200, then take a gander at the GeForce4 Ti4200. It provides very good performance at a budget price and overclocks well too. :)
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Comment

For the occassional gamer that doesn't need DX8 support I find that the GF4 MX440 is more than enough but if you do want DX8 support then look at the Radeon 8500 or GF3 Ti200 for starters and go up from there. ;)
      <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

The Ti4200 is basically a Gamers only card. For a more sort of all applications card, the Radeon 9000 will suffice, and will also play most games decently

Comment

thanx 4 the advice:thumb:

Comment

I agree with gumby up there the Radeon 9000 will beat any of the gf3's and works very well with regular apps as well. They can be had for a decent price. A Sapphire or Gigabyte 9000 card generally runs in the 130 range. I put one in my girlfriends computer that we just built her. She games sometimes but does ALOT of 2d and Photo Apllications. She loves it. I'm impressed but not as much as my 9700. That's another story.

Comment

You'll want to get a GeForce4-Ti4400 which you can overclock to better than GeForce4-Ti4600 levels for $200 less. What a card and how!:devil:

Comment

Yeah that card can oc very nicely...

Comment

Working...
                X