PDA

View Full Version : Sapphire Pure Platinum A75 (AMD A75) Motherboard Review

Comment Bot
07-18-2011, 04:12 PM
Please feel free to comment about our story entitled "Sapphire Pure Platinum A75 (AMD A75) Motherboard Review (http://www.tweaktown.com/reviews/4198/sapphire_pure_platinum_a75_amd_a75_motherboard_rev iew/index.html)"

ShahJahan
07-18-2011, 05:10 PM
Starting to move in closer to the board, you can see our expansion slot setup which consists of two PCI-E x1 slots, one PCI-E x4, two legacy PCI slots and a single PCI-E x16.
Damn, I wish it had 2 PCIe x16 slots. Then I would have triple crossfired them!

We ended up getting our A8-3850 to 3.625GHz as you can see above, while managing to use the 1866MHz memory divider that brought our RAM in at an even 2000MHz DDR.
Nice! When I first saw the 1866MHz RAM slot I was thinking, "then I won't be able the use the full potential of the 2000MHz RAM from the giveaway". But a little BIOS update and OCing and viola!
And 3.625 GHz is a good OC, I hope that it will be good for 24x7

Checking out storage performance, we can see that the USB 2.0 performance seemed to be down just a little bit.
What? The graphs say otherwise! As per the graphs, they are the fastest of the lot!

SSD performance on the other hand is up by about 10% which is impressive.
VERY impressive!

Above you can see we've got our G.Skill Flare kit running at 2147MHz DDR with a 7-9-7-24 setup. This is the highest we've seen this kit go at these timings to date, but really, this was only the start of our memory success.
I'm impressed!