Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems with my Asus v8200

I have an Asus v8200 ti 200
    and recently after getting rid of a worm in my system, there seems to be a problem with my display only in certain games.
    The display comes up as two overlapping images of each other but they are offset by about 3-4 inches apart.

Even after resetting defaults, getting driver updates and all, it will
    not stop
    It seems to happen under Half-Life, Ghost-Recon, Morrowind &
    Unreal.....

Please HELP!:confused: I'm at a stand still.

Have you considered saving off vital data and reformatting the system?
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Comment

Which OS are you using? If its XP I would suggest sticking the XP CD in the drive and running sfc /now this should check all your system files to make sure they are all alright and replace any that arent. Win98 and ME have a similar tool that you can access via MS System Info. I think 2000 has something similar as well. It sounds like either the virus or the virus checker has corrupted a file somewhere, as you have already tried just about everything else. You might be better off archiving all your important files anyway and reinstalling.

Comment

I tried reinstalling windows 98 SE...it sped up the computer some
        but the image problem remains....

:mad: I'm still a little hesitant about redoing the whole system over....but it seems to be the only option, so far.

I have to be honest....my computer skills are not all that good, but I'm a fast learner. I am getting better at diagnosing problems in the past, But this one has me a little stumped.

Thanks for the guidence....any more ideas.....write me...:cheers:

Comment

Working...
        X