Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Verto PNY Geforce 4 Ti 4400 problem

Hi,

I am having the most messed up problem that I've ever had with my computer. I bought a Verto PNY Geforce 4 Ti 4400 about 2 months ago. And it worked fine for about a month. It worked great actually. But then I decided to tweak the bios and increase the FSB a little....and ever since then my computer has gone down the crapper.

My system is as follows:

AMD XP2000
    Abit KR7A-Raid(ATA-133)
    512MB Crutial DDR RAM
    400 watt Enermax-Like PSU
    PNY GeForce 4 Ti 4400 ???
    Sound Blaser Live 5.1 X-Gamer
    -and other crap...
    Oh yeah....Windows 2000 Professional

The problem that I'm having is as follows.
    If my computer is turned on after being off for a while, it boots fine and Windows looks to be in great shape....Everything looks normal for about 20 minutes. Then things start to get outlined in yellow. For example text and icons. Then little yellow dots start to appear in a uniform pattern. Then the dots turn into vertical lines. Still yellow, if that makes a difference. Then the computer locks up if I try to click on something. I can't move the mouse, the keyboard is locked. Everything.

I have the lates 4-in-1 drivers, the latest bios (9n) and the latest nVidia drivers.

Can someone please help me?

Thank you,
    Paul

Unless you can restore Windows to the condition it was before you started (backup's are very handy for this situation) you just may have to reinstall it or try changing the videocard back to a standard VGA card and remove and drivers listed for it in the add/remove programs panel then use Detonator Destroyer to clean out any left overs then reinstall the video drivers.. ;)
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

My first guess is that it is some kind of thermal problem. What's the biggest difference between a box that's been on for 20min and one that is turned off? Heat! Something is now less heat tolerant than before oc'ing. When you oc'ed, you generated more heat that may have damaged or altered some component(s). Did your heatsink compound melt and run out from under the heatsink? Is your cpu fan still in good shape? Are the pins that hold the heatsink on your vid card plastic? Are they all still in place? Did they get hot and stretch and now not holding tightly? These are just some fixable things that may have happened. Oc'ing too far can also have permenent adverse effects on the cpu, ram, and power supply (if it is marginal to start with).

Comment

Working...
      X