My hardrive?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My hardrive?

Ok i bought a 60 Gb hard drive. I am school right now and don't know who made it. SO anyway i went to pcpitstop and did a test of my new comp and everything is good but the hardrive. It was *****ing about the uncached speed which was about 1.35 top 1.8 on the 3 partitions i setup. Two 5GB and one 50GB. Well here is the question. What am i doing wrong and how do i fix it.

What is your setup?
    Have you benched something other than PCPitstop?

Comment

Usul92 have you got any utilities for that HDD?
      Possibly you need to setup the ATA to match the capability of the Mobo.
      Also you want to of course not have any other drives of lower speed sharing that IDE channel - if you are running IDE that is?
      The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

Do you have DMA enabled on the hard drive? I've had hard drive performance more than triple on some setups just by enabling DMA. :)
        What came first - Insanity or Society?

Comment

What is DMA?? i have a zipdrive on thwe harddrive on there too. I guess i could try removing it to see if it goes faster. The hard drive didn't come with any software so i don't know if i have any utilities for it. If so is there a place where i can download the utilities??

Comment

Usul92
            If a utility package is available for your drive, you will most certainly be able to DL it from the manufacturer.
            As to that, DMA, and other possible solutions;
            Please provide us with some details about your hardware, such as manufacturers and models as well as your setup. It would certainly help us in trying to provide you with accurate information and links to help files and such.

Basically, the more you can give us, the more we can return:thumb:

If you don't know, try doing a websearch for Belarc Advisor, or some other such software to help you find out.
            The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

Working...
            X