ASRock 880GM-LE side port question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASRock 880GM-LE side port question

I saw a picture of the 880gm-le and next to the north bridge is some chip that resembled memory, possibly side port memory. I was wondering if someone who owns the above motherboard could investigate this to attempt to verify if it could be side port memory. Asrock doesn't advertise that motherboard as having side port memory but I saw an Asus board that is said to have side port memory and it had a similar looking chip next to its north bridge.

Re: ASRock 880GM-LE side port question

I just installed this motherboard and I'd help you out if I knew what sideport memory looked like. I tried googling it but didn't come up with much. Any hints to help you?

Comment

You can let me know everything that is written on the chip. The chip in question is located in between the north-bridge heat-sink and the 1x pci express slot. It kinda looks like a memory chip, the kind on your typical memory sticks. A high res picture could also help.

Thanks.

Comment

Hi. On the chip is written:
        ICS
        9LPRS485CGLF
        Here is the picture:
        Click image for larger version

Name:	001.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	158.3 KB
ID:	751607
        Good Luck.

Comment

Unfortunately, in searching the internet, that particular chip is said to be a clock chip. That's the one between the two items. I will try and look for more chips, but that one is in the location you said. Tell me where to look.

Comment

The two other chips in the vicinity I can read anything off of are:
            inbond
            W83C27DHGC-AC
            107G9C2041B016FA
            and it says this is either a fan speed chip or io chip, and
            ALL662
            AAH97QJ
            and either 6B03B1 or 680381; I can't read it any clearer with my magnifying glass.
            Searching doesn't find anything on this chip. Perhaps this motherboard doesn't have sideport memory.
            Last edited by ladlers; 10-24-2011, 05:44 PM. Reason: Solved what was thought a problem

Comment

Working...
            X