UT2K3 Demo Patch!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UT2K3 Demo Patch!

There's a patch out for UT2K3 demo out, not sure what it does yet but you can download it here:

http://ut2003master1.epicgames.com/u...patch-1rc4.exe
    Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
    Managing Director
    Tweak Town Pty Ltd

- Fixed support for Voodoo3 / Matrox G400.
    - Fixed initial framerate hitches in network play.
    - Fixed the jittery screen updates in the server browser when sorting by ping.
    - Fixed a possible DoS attack in the server code.
    - Fixed a few other minor potential crashes.

Comment

Well there you go, good boy Beefy... :D
      Managing Director
      Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Comment

Wish I had cable modem so I could D/L the demo :(.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Tweak
          Well there you go, good boy Beefy... :D
          :p I'm just waiting to finish work so I can go home and try the bombing run, after hearing so many good things about it at <a href="http://www.penny-arcade.com" target="_blank">Penny Arcade</a> and at the <a href="http://www.gamespy.com/dailyvictim/#" target="_blank">Gamespy DailyVictim</a>. Definitely worth a read...

Comment

This should interest all you UT2K3 freaks, from 3DGPU:

Unreal Tournament 2003 - Special Movements

I received an email from a helpful gamer who provided me with a list of good information regarding some of the new special movements available in Unreal Tournament 2003. On the Adrenaline Moves, if you have an inverse mouse set, you may need to try reversing the order of the commands, ie - instead of Fwd, Fwd, Back, Back try Back, Back, Fwd, Fwd. Well, thanks for sharing, and here you go:

Adrenaline Moves (When Adrenaline Is At 100)

BERSERK: Fwd, Fwd, Back, Back
            INVISIBILITY: Right, Right, Left, Left

BOOSTER: Back, Back, Back, Back

SPEED: Fwd, Fwd, Fwd, Fwd

Other Special Moves

DOUBLE JUMP: Jump, then jump again at the top of the first jump
            DOUBLE DODGE: Double tap Strafe Left or Right, Forward or Backward

DODGE JUMP: Perform dodge, then jump before you land

WALL JUMP: Run along a wall and jump into it. Press jump and opposite strafe when you hit the wall. (If the wall is to the right, jump + strafe left and vice versa)

LIFT JUMP: When very close to the top of a lift, jump and you receive a great deal more momentum, propelling you a lot further

SHIELD JUMP: Charge up the primary fire mode of the shield gun, look towards the floor and release. After the kickback, jump again to pull off the shield jump

DOUBLE DODGE and DOUBLE JUMP can be particularly useful for climbing rocks and slanted walls that might otherwise seem to steep. Simply try double dodging or double jumping forward as you face upwards against the wall or rocks in front of you. You can double jump to get to high areas and jump over large holes and gaps that might otherwise be too long for a single jump to get past.

For example, in the Bombing Run game, when you deliver the ball into the ring, you must Double Jump in order to reach the ring barrier and get 7 points. You can shoot it into the ring for 3 points if you wish to score lower but not have to respawn.

CONSOLE COMMANDS: Tap the "~" (Tilde) key and type in the following:

GOD - God Mode - Invulnerability
            FLY - Lets you fly all around the current map

WALK - Puts you back on the ground after flying

LOADED - Gives all guns, ammo and 100 adrenaline

STAT FPS - Toggles frames per second display in upper right corner

STAT NET - Toggles display status of the network game play statistics

SLOMO 1 - Sets the speed of the game back to normal real time speed

SLOMO 2 - Sets speed to double. Increase number to go faster

SLOMO .5 - Sets speed to half. Decrease number to go slower

BEHINDVIEW 1 - Changes to Third Person view

BEHINDVIEW 0 - Changes to First Person view

In BEHINDVIEW mode, if you select the "Electric Sniper" weapon, which should be at the far right of the weapons HUD at bottom of the screen, and then click the RIGHT mouse button as you would to zoom in to get a head shot, it will zoom in on your third-person view of your character. This way you can get closer to watch the movements and special effects of the character. It is a pretty slick effect.

How to get the Redeemer (courtesy of Evil Avatar):

Edit the user.ini in the ut2003 system folder and set the following line:
            Z=set XWeapons.Rocketlauncher FireModeClass class'XWeapons.RedeemerFire' | set XWeapons.RedeemerFire AmmoClass Class'XWeapons.RocketAmmo'

or to use the Guided Redeemer, use:

Z=set XWeapons.Rocketlauncher FireModeClass class'XWeapons.RedeemerFire' | set XWeapons.RedeemerGuidedFire AmmoClass Class'XWeapons.RocketAmmo'

('Z' being a random key that's not assigned)

After that you can use the rocket launcher to shoot Redeemer ammo, you just have to hit whatever key you assigned it to before using the weapon.

I will add more as they become available to me. Thank you for all of the emails. Looks like tons of other folks are excited about the release of this title to, so enjoy!

http://www.3dgpu.com/index.php?category=all&id=971
            Managing Director
            Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Comment

Ok that makes me want to play it more :(

Comment

Go download it at a friends place who has broadband, that's what their for, right? :)
                Managing Director
                Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Comment

Ah well thats the problem. They don't offer cable or dsl service where I live. :(

Comment

well... 97MB on dialup... you could do that over night almost. 10 hours maybe.

Comment

Originally posted by pga1234
                      Ah well thats the problem. They don't offer cable or dsl service where I live. :(
                      Don't be too upset, we were all forced to use dialup at least once before!
                      Managing Director
                      Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Comment

Att broadband is going to be in our area within the next couple weeks :) :cry:

Comment

That sounds a lot like the promises Telstra and the Australian government make us...
                          Managing Director
                          Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Comment

Yeah. we were supposed to get ADSL here April last year.. then September.. Then december.. finally got it in May / June this year.

Comment

lol. Well they advertised it like a year ago but it never came... I think they might actually be bringing it here this time... They gave me a quote... $44.97 a month. It's like :snip: :cry:

Comment

Working...
                              X