Kudos to anyone who can fix this.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kudos to anyone who can fix this.

I've had this problem for a while, maybe even since I've built the system. I haven't sat down yet and played with different drivers or anything to see if that fixes it but I'd thought I'd share this with everyone.

In any game using D3D running at 1280x1024 or higher I get some strange artifacts in the video. So far I've seen this in GAT3, UT, UT2003 Demo, and F1 2002. Didn't check to see if this happens in OpenGL yet. The same artifacts appear if I turn on AA at 1024X768. I'm not sure if it's drivers, directx, or something with my video card. Any ideas are welcome, I will try them out tonight when I get home from work. Thanks!

The forums seem to be acting up. It won't allow me to upload the JPEG image so you can see what's wrong ... If I can get it to work later I'll put it up. Anyways there are rows of dots that start from the bottom and go straight up to about quarterway up the screen. There are several vertical rows, and they are in a pattern, not random.

I try to upload the picture and yes it is a VALID jpeg format and it gives me this error: The uploaded file is not a valid GIF or JPG file. Please ensure that it is and try again. --DUH

Comment

OK I will just put a link the the screenshot. It's taken from F1 2002: Click here

Comment

Yes we're looking into another server to share the load better and fix some of the probs that we've been having the last couple of weeks. ;)

What drivers are you using and did this happen with other driver versions? :?:
        <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

this occurs in all views?

Comment

It looks like you have a duel-boot system. Have you tried games in both OSs? I'd say if it happens in both OSs, it might be hardware related; if only in one, software/drivers.

Comment

So far I've tried the leaked 30.30's and the official 29.42's in WinXP. I'm going to try the newest official 30.82's. So far this is all in WinXP I haven't checked in Win98 but I think I remember seeing it in that OS too. OK actually when playing around with it tonight UT doesn't do it anymore when I crank up the res. I can get it to do it in UT2003 Demo when using a res of 1280X1024 or higher and the same in F1 2002.

Well I'm gonna go over to my computer and try Win98 right now..... ok well Win98 does the same thing AHHHHHHHHHHH I saw it in the UT 2003 demo and in F1 2002 and it looks exactly the same. I played UT and saw it in the menu screen but not during the game. I also tried GTA3 and saw the same pattern. It only seems to do it at the res of 1280 or higher or with AA on at any decent resolution. I guess it is hardware. I will have to contact the Vid Card Manu and see what they say.

:shoot3:

Comment

Have you tried an artifact tester to see if you are getting artifacts outside the games as well as inside them?

Comment

Well I sent the card back the manu. Right now I'm using a TNT2. I ran the game at the same res that the other card showed artifacts and I'm not seeing any, so I'm pretty sure it was the card itself.

Where can I get the artifact tester, I'll try that when I get a chance.

:cheers:

Comment

Working...
                  X