Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Various Flavours of the Ti4200

Hi Dudes

I have been doing quite a fair bit of reading in the past few days in regards to the Ti4200 line and have created a poll for you guys because I'm curious to see why you guys vote for and why.

Should be really interesting and happy voting guys.... :)
    Leadtek A250LE VIVO TD Ti4200 64MB
    0%
    Asus V8420 Deluxe Ti4200 128MB
    0%
    Triplex Ti4200 64MB
    0%
    Prolink Pixelview Ti4200 64MB
    0%
    Leadtek A250LE VIVO TD Ti4200 128MB
    0%
    Abit Siluro GF4 Ti4200
    0%
    X-Micro Impact Ti4200 64MB
    0%
    Gainward Ti4200 Powerpack 64MB
    0%

Well I don't have one myself but I voted on the Leadtek version of the TI4200. I voted on it mainly becuase of its MASSIVE heatsink that they have on there cards. That definitly brings more potential cause it has better cooling. That is stock though becaseu you can always mod a different version that has a sucko heatsink.

Comment

You missed a few cards, but that's not important.

From what I've heard, the Leadtek and Gainward cards are very good performers / OC'ers

Comment

Dudes
        Do you guys know how fast is the RAM they use for the 64MB and the 128MB version of the Leaktek cards because that also plays a major role in terms of overclocking, correct?

Comment

Originally posted by Beefy
          You missed a few cards, but that's not important.
          For example, SUMA ?

Comment

actually, I was thinking along the lines of MSI, and some of the not-so-popular names like Jaton. :)

Comment

It is true that the 64mb cards use slightly faster ram than the 128mb ones, but I went with a 128mb card because I think many games in the near future will benefit more from the extra ram. I think that all of the new features we will see in the new game engines (such as realtime dynamic lighting and shadows) will require a lot of ram. I am using a Gainward Golden sample because of the overclockability. I believe that Gainward really does cull the best parts for their Golden Sample cards just like (real) premium ram is made from the best parts. I also believe that part quality is a more important factor for oc'ing that things like heatsink size. You can put a big, impressive radiator in front of a six-banger, but that won't make it run like a V8.

Comment

Originally posted by bigjackusa
                I also believe that part quality is a more important factor for oc'ing that things like heatsink size. You can put a big, impressive radiator in front of a six-banger, but that won't make it run like a V8.
                Good point there dude, very good point indeed.... :thumb:

Comment

I went with the Leadtek 128MB GF4 Ti4200 myVIVO as it has all the features ya need plus decent speed and at $360aus from Nth.Rocks Computer Markets it was a steal. :thumb:
                  <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

Hmm, i'd go for the X-Micro since its the cheapest pretty much. The cheapest ive seen it is $285aud

Comment

Wiggo
                      Did you end up buying the Leadtek Ti4200 or the Ti4400 for $360 because you link you posted to the Leadtek site was for the Ti4400 and not the Ti4200.

In regards to the North Rocks computer market. They are open every Sunday of the month, aren't they because I'm might go and drop in to North Rocks.

Btw:
                      Did you notice any Asus Ti4200 128MB cards there mate because I've got my eye on the Asus and Leadtek is going to be my second choice.

Drop me a line via ICQ Wiggo mate.

Keep in touch....

Comment

The link has been fixed to show the Ti4200 now. ;)

Yes the markets are held every Sunday in Westfield shopping centre at Nth. Rocks. :)
                        <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

Thanx goes out to all you guys that helped me out.... :thumb:

I'll keep you guys posted on how I go.... :)

Comment

"soon" there will be an AGP8x version of the ti4200 ....
                            SPAM Special Ops

Comment

Yeah I heard about it, E^vol.

The AGP 8x line of are cards are supposed to hit the streets round November or so. I thought about AGP 8x and figured that I can't be stuffed waiting that long so said stuff it and bought myself a Asus Ti4200 128MB.

Dude, in terms of performance you'll find that AGP8x won't make that much a difference at all as its still the same old architecture. I think its pointless to wait up for it but the NV30 will be something to definately get excited about but hey that's just me.... :D

Comment

Working...
                              X