No announcement yet.

I'm kinda new and I have some questions...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm kinda new and I have some questions...

Well, I am new to this and I have been looking around a little and now I have come across some things that I dont understand or would like to know more about:
    a Peltier, have seen this a little everywhere and I have no idea what it is good for.
    I it said that if you cool down the CPU to below 0 degrees celcius you need to isolate the processor, how is this done and why?
    Can someone tell me where I can find a good duide that goes through step by step how to connect a waterblock to the processor, it seems to be a little different from putting on a fan.
    Also I have been thinking about why you need a radiator that makes a lot of sound when you should be able to cool down the water instead. I was thinking about putting down a cooling thing (don't know the name) from a freezer down in the watertank. It would make the cooling alot less noisy.
    I hope someone can enlighten me =)

This site, http://www.procooling.com/index.php , would be a good place to start with plus you may find more here, http://www.overclockers.com/ ;)
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

The purpose of the radiator IS to cool the water. Using the cooling components from a freezer would still require the use of a compressor and/or pump which would kind of defeat the quiet angle wouldn't it?

Comment

Thanks =)
        Well maybe I expressed myself a little clumsy, what I mean is that by cooling the water with a radiator that makes noise you could use another thing from a freezer that I dont think makes so much noise as the radiators fans. And a pump doesn't make that much noise down there in the water or does it?

Comment

The cooling unit in a freezer is a SYSTEM. You can't use just a piece of it (unless you use the pieces to build some new system). Just removing a piece from the system will let all of the refrigerant escape. You wouldn't want to put such a system inside of a case (if you could) because since it is less than 100% efficient, it produces a net gain in heat. (The cooling system in a freezer produces more heat than it takes out of the freezer compartment, but the insulation and seals in the compartment keep the heat from getting back in, keeping the compartment cool. If you ran a freezer inside of a big box, it would get hot in the box.) Running a freezer system outside of the case would create some interesting plumbing problems. Since a radiator is just a heat exchanger, I suppose if you had one big enough, ambient air without a fan could cool it. And unless you could design it like the reactor cooling in a nuke sub, you would still need a pump. The bigger the radiator, the more gpm the pump must move = bigger pump = more noise.

Comment

Hmm, yeah, well I see what you mean. Anyway I was more thinking of taking a fridge apart and then putting it together around the tank, so that the tank would represent the empty space inside of the freezer with the freezing thing inside it, and the tank would be isolated and all. I dont know if you get me but I think it would work if you are capable of doing it, I think I will ask some people, I've heard about a company renovating fridges and freezers...
            Does anyone have any other suggestion that could eliminate the noise but give decent cooling?

Comment

Working...
            X