writing new MAC address

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• writing new MAC address

asrock sent me the tool to write MAC address as mine was messed up-i tried putting files onto floppy but the pc wont boot up to the floppy BUT i was able to write the tool to a dvd rw disk AND it did boot up but im not familiar with the command lines of the tool and cant write the proper ones to the disk(C)its starts A:>\ and the tools ask for the commands A:/>cd MAC <ENTER>it wont do anything with this also its says TOOLs A:/mac>mac c [mac ID] <ENTER>also the command wont do anything wioth it the drive im trying to use is F where the dvd rw is CAN SOMEONE help me out with this? ALL DONE ITS FIXED HEHE
    Last edited by etbwd; 10-08-2011, 08:49 PM.

Re: writing new MAC address

Originally posted by etbwd View Post
    asrock sent me the tool to write MAC address as mine was messed up-i tried putting files onto floppy but the pc wont boot up to the floppy BUT i was able to write the tool to a dvd rw disk AND it did boot up but im not familiar with the command lines of the tool and cant write the proper ones to the disk(C)its starts A:>\ and the tools ask for the commands A:/>cd MAC <enter>it wont do anything with this also its says TOOLs A:/mac>mac c [mac ID] <enter>also the command wont do anything wioth it the drive im trying to use is F where the dvd rw is CAN SOMEONE help me out with this?
    firstly what is coming up on your screen during post,is it 1394 guid invalid in cmos and bios.if so i may be able to help you.</enter></enter>

Comment

comes up MAC address invalide in cmos and flash-i was able to use the on board lan i just typed my MAC address into the system hardware properties address and it worked BUT bios boot up shows that MAC address is invalid-i have the software to change it YES but i dont know how to write it all out- using a floppy that will boot into dos but i dont understand writing logic-im typing wrong or something-can anyone help with this
      Last edited by etbwd; 10-08-2011, 05:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by etbwd View Post
        comes up MAC address invalide in cmos and flash-i was able to use the on board lan i just types my MAC addres into the system hardware properties address and it worked BUT bios boot up shows that MAC address is invalid-i have the software to change it YES but i dont know how to write it all out-the drive im using is F its a dvd rw drive where the software is on disk
        ok you have the mac problem where i had the 1394 problem.presuming you have the file on cd disc,you need put disc into drive and restart pc,you then need to press f11 or whatever it is for your pc during startup to get to the boot options,then you select your dvd drive as the boot drive and then you should have the very black screen of dos.here you follow the instructions as per the file and its in here you type your mac address.with me it was a problem with invalid 1394 guid after i got a replacement bios chip for my asrock p67 extreme 6 but lucky for me that guy sent me the file with my 1394 id number with full instructions.im only presuming that for your mac problem the same instructions apply i.e enter dos via the file and type in your mac id and problem solved.you also might think that you are stuck in dos even though you have followed the instructions perfect,if that happens just shut down pc manually,thats what i had to do and upon restart no more hanging in post to press f1 to resume.hope any of this helps you.also my instructions said to use a cd not dvd disc.
        Last edited by edber2011; 10-08-2011, 06:00 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X