PDA

View Full Version : P8Z68-V Pro - Audio jacks randomly disconnecting/reconnecting

PalZer0
10-12-2011, 03:27 PM
I've noticed that with the current 2.65 Realtek audio drivers the control panel pops up randomly with an alert that a new device has been connected.

It's like a random instant disconnect/reconnect and it gets annoying as I have to close the control panel every time this happens.

Has anyone else had this problem? If so, what did you do to fix it?

EDIT: This doesn't occur with the front audio jacks on my case. Just the jacks on the back of my mobo.

wazza300
10-13-2011, 12:17 AM
You van disable the pop up when a new device is connected,its in realtek settings somewhere,you can do the same for front panel too,it might be interfering with the rear panel

PalZer0
10-18-2011, 04:15 PM
Didn't resolve anything. The audio just drops out for a second or two every so often as if the headset is being unplugged and plugged back in.

Anything else to try? I'd plug my headset into the front ports but the cord gets in the way of my optical drive.

SacredChaos
10-26-2011, 05:05 PM
I am having the exact same issue with my ASUS P8Z68-V. Tested the front jacks also, no problems other than the front jacks on the Antec 1200 are crap.

PalZer0
10-31-2011, 07:18 PM
I am having the exact same issue with my ASUS P8Z68-V. Tested the front jacks also, no problems other than the front jacks on the Antec 1200 are crap.
Must be a known issue with the ASUS Z68 boards then if it's not just my board that's doing this.

PalZer0
11-22-2011, 02:30 PM
Seems that my issue appears to be related to my Plantronics Gamecom 367 headset as I swapped it out for a Turtle Beach Ear Force Charlie and haven't had any of the issues described in my OP.

PalZer0
12-21-2011, 07:14 AM
Bumping this up again because the issue has popped up again - this time with a Creative Fatal1ty headset.

The common link between the Gamecom headset and this one is that they have gold plated connecters. The Ear Force Charlie (which I had to replace because it broke) doesn't have such connecters.

This leads me to think that my mobo has a problem with gold plated connecters.

wazza300
12-21-2011, 09:27 AM
it should be able to detect it,even with gold connectors,im using some sony headphones with gold jack plug and asus p6x58d and they work fine,you do have to look in realtek audio panel and switch to ac97 or disable front panel jack detection and they should work,only diference between hdaudio and ac97 is the detection when you plug your heaphones in

PalZer0
12-21-2011, 09:32 AM
Detection isn't the issue. It just disconnects for a second or two then reconnects.

Also, I can't find any option to disable front jack detection in the Realtek control panel.

wazza300
12-21-2011, 09:39 AM
check your cables secure from the front panel to the mb header,click the yellow folder in realtek,if i use hdaudio i get no sound from my headphones,i have to use ac97 ,it might say disable front panel detection,just depends on driver version

http://i40.tinypic.com/zohvye.jpg

PalZer0
12-21-2011, 10:04 AM
check your cables secure from the front panel to the mb header,click the yellow folder in realtek,if i use hdaudio i get no sound from my headphones,i have to use ac97 ,it might say disable front panel detection,just depends on driver version

http://i40.tinypic.com/zohvye.jpg

I don't see that on my control panel. What do I need to click to bring that dialog box up?

EDIT: Also, I get sound through my headphones more often than not. It's just the random disconnect/reconnect that's bothering me. This never happened on my Gigabyte EP45-DS3.

wazza300
12-21-2011, 10:14 AM
you need to click the small yellow folder next to the blue cross ive put on the screenshot,if its randomly disconnecting/reconnecting could be a loose wire or connection from behind the front panel of your pc case to the mb headers where the connector block plugs into your mb,when you do get sound through the headphones try wiggling the wire to see if it goes off ect

you do have realtek sound drivers installed? if not the standard microsoft drivers wont give you the option to disable front panel detection,it wont let you use stereo mix either to record sound with

PalZer0
12-21-2011, 10:56 AM
It's not even the front panel jacks as they work perfectly without any issues. It's the jacks on the motherboard itself.

wazza300
12-21-2011, 11:38 AM
ahh my mistake,could be faulty mb then as in faulty sound connectors

mbates
12-30-2011, 12:09 AM
After a lot of searching and calling Asus support (which did nothing for me) ... i figured this out for my Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3 motherboard. First, this is what was happening:

I was getting a constant barrage of pop-up messages from the system tray that said you have plugged in a device, and then immediately unplugged it. My audio coming from the back speaker jack was great. However, my front audio jacks sound like crap using headphones (lots of interference) and every time the message would "pop", it actually disabled the front audio and would play the audio out the back for a few seconds... so basically making my headset useless. The mic did work fine on the front jacks though.

I tried updating the bios, realtek drivers, enabling this/disabling that, etc ... nothing worked.

What worked for me and my Antec 900 gaming case:

I ended up disconnecting the legacy AC97 connection on the motherboard and leaving only the HD connection plugged in from the front panel on the case. My case supported both and once I unplugged the "SPDIF_OUT" connector and just used the "AAFP" connector the problem went away. Before doing this, i thought it would render the front jacks useless but it didnt and they sound great with no interference now.

Hope this helps ... it was driving me nuts and almost cost me sending back the motherboard for an RMA.

-Matt

My (new) Rig:
Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3
Intel i7-2600k
Zalman CNPS9900 MAX CPU Cooler
16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 1600
XFX 6950 2GB - XXX Edition
Kingston HyperX 120GB SSD
WD 2TB Black HDD
WD 300GB Raptor 10K HDD
Corsair TX850 PS
Antec 900 Case

wazza300
12-30-2011, 01:30 AM
your case is the same as my lexa case,it has both ac97 and hd audio front panel blocks,its best to use hdaudio if you have it,glad you got it working,as for asus there customer service is outragous,very poor,im having similar problems with them atm,gigabyte are fantastic compared with asus support

PalZer0
12-30-2011, 05:43 AM
I was getting a constant barrage of pop-up messages from the system tray that said you have plugged in a device, and then immediately unplugged it. My audio coming from the back speaker jack was great. However, my front audio jacks sound like crap using headphones (lots of interference) and every time the message would "pop", it actually disabled the front audio and would play the audio out the back for a few seconds... so basically making my headset useless. The mic did work fine on the front jacks though.

My front panel audio jacks work great. It's the ones on the mobo that are giving me issues.

Also, what headset were you using?

mbates
12-30-2011, 05:37 PM
Also, what headset were you using?

I tried a couple different ones ... the turtle beach ear force x11 is one i normally use along with cheap junky pair in case i am too lazy to get the turtle beach ones from the xbox. Both use plugin jacks, not USB but both sounded bad.

It does sound like we have 2 different problems ... mine being a user error by plugging in both analog and digital connections. One last note on mine, the constant pop-ups were happening without anything plugged in to the front jacks. My only thought would be to disconnect any front connections if you have them to see if that fixes it.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

-Matt

wazza300
01-07-2012, 10:53 PM
@palzero i just got hold of one of these boards,what settings you use at stock and 4ghz? and how high roughly on intel cooler can you go? just needed to ask as it was a damaged board and need to see whether its settings or a mb issue