Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hyperlink is viewed in office xp word in a design mode.. how

When creating a hyperlink in word (office xp) for example www.test.com

it appears as {HYPERLINK "http://www.test.com"} how the heck to I change it to stay as an underlined hyperlink so that I can just click on it?

I think there is a setting possibly in visual basic that needs adjusted, but I haven't been able to find it.

Thanks in advanced!

Btw, this is my first post since I've found this site. It seems like a real cool site!!

I'm at work right now with Office 97, so I can't really dig around and look up close.

Something's tickling around in the back of my head about a "Formula view" or something of that sort. Kinda like in excel, where you type 2+2 in a cell, and it shows 2+2 instead of 4.

Look for a setting of that type. Maybe it's there, maybe I'm going crazy :laugh:
    Chris "Raven"
    News Crew - TweakTown
    <!--
    <font size=1>
    <font color=green>Main Beast:</font>
    - Athlon XP 1800+@1701MHz | EPoX 8KHA+ | Corsair 512MB XMS3200C2 | GeForce3 Ti200
    - 2x80GB WD 7200RPM | 40x12x48 Sony CDRW | Pioneer 16X DVD
    - Swiftech MCX462+ / Tt Smart Case Fan 2 | Antec 1030SX case w/ 431W Enermax PSU
    </font>
    // -->
    "Look at life like your morning cup of coffee. You might have one every day, yet you still enjoy it."

How to ask a good question

Comment

Yea its really agravating to say the least.. even pics show as a link instead...I know I can just reinstall/repair office,but I would like to know how it got switched. I know I was working in the visual basic area and it seemed to changed the way links and pics were viewed in windows after that point..

btw, excel and the other programs function normal wereas in the example you gave works fine.

TIA

Comment

Hi there:
        If you go up to View you can go down to "View Code" and adjust it there. You should be able to switch back and forth from design mode to code mode to make this adjustment.

Comment

Do you mean view in word OR visual basic... I don't see that option to switch back and forth... am I blind?...lol

Thanks

Comment

Hello:

I was talking about word (office xp). There should be a couple of different ways on which you can do this.

I am actually using a pc right now that only has Word 97 on it, so I can't check it.

I run XP home, [ at home ] and have Office XP. When creating a hyperlink. Such as (example:) www.411.ca in Word (office XP)

Try highlighting your hyper-link - GO up to "Insert" on the top tool bar and down to hyperlink. You should be able to change the display properties there.

Hope that helps :?:

Comment

I tried exactly what you mentioned but there is no option to switch back and fourth from each views. I can edit the hyperlink by changing the name, or referencing it to a different name, but not from changing the default behavior of how each one is initially displayed.

This is really ticking me off..hehe

Thanks for all your help thus far, I really appreticate it thus far.

;)

Comment

I had this problem when I first got xp. this should solve:
                Turn off Field Codes: go to Tools - Options - View - Show,
                uncheck "Field codes" option (affects the whole document
                and will retain linking association (hyperlink)). let us know. otherwise how do you like office xp? I've had it about 6 months now, i especially like and use the smart tags.

brian

Comment

I will try it today and see what I come up with... Only other alternative I can see is just repair office to its original form which should work...Only thing I haven't been able to come up with is saving the address book in outlook...I used to just save the .wab file and replace it but the last time I did that it didn't work in the xp verson...

Comment

That was it!!

Excellent.. Thanks for all your help.. boy was that a simple one.. I figured it was one stupid option that I needed to check or uncheck.

Office XP is great. Smart tags are a nice addition.

Comment

Working...
                    X