SOF...II question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SOF...II question

I have a question maybe I should ask Trick but he has been so busy working lately I dont want to bother him with these questions.

I play Soldier of fortune alot... Im actually pretty good and stuff.

Here is my question... Im in the US and it seems the servers that I go too are all the UK's. I dont know if that is a feature that when I started playing i had to chose. Another question is how can I join servers that you Assies use? If that is possible.

Laughing I might sound kinda duhhhh headed.... but see Trick builds em.... I play on them..... other then that Im pretty much clueless.

I would love getting on Rodger Wilco and listening to you Assies talk... love the accent.

Stormyweather from tricks computer

Moving to the Gaming forum.
    Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
    Managing Director
    Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Comment

When you pick servers to play on, it's usually best to sort by ping and get the lowest pinging server. However, if you simply just refresh the list, you'll get servers from all over the place.

If you do specifically want to play on Australian servers, then you'll either need to know the name of the server, the IP address or get a program like All Seeing Eye, which tells you where the server is located. A couple popular servers in Australia for SoF2 are Optusnet, GameArena and Internode servers...

Comment

Heck i go to optusnet...

what name do you go under and ill look you up
        Mine is -=Wicket*****=- and the other is -=Evilpoptart=-

Comment

:) My name is *BiA*Beefy, but sometimes i'll use -2K- KG (with the 2 being a special SoF character)

Comment

another question about sof.... I know with all the new maps and some other features like man down... has anyone stumbled apon modes at aiming or shooting??? Not that I want to use them.... but sometime I feel people are just plain out cheating. I know when you are shooting aim for the head that that is the most effective way of doing your slottering..and not to hold down the mouse shot button cuz the bullets just skater all over...

Stormyweather from tricks computer.

Comment

unfortunately, there are people out there who cheat by using aimbots... There are plenty of demos from the game showing people using these, plus I've seen a few while playing myself. They easy way to spot this is to spectate them. if their gun snaps onto a target, or between targets without missing, then they are usually cheating.

However, with the new patch that should be out shortly (1.2), they are introducing Punkbuster, which is an anti-cheat mechanism... It apparently works really well. While it might not stop all cheating, it will definitely cut a lot of it back.

Comment

good cuz I cant stand it. You play a game for fun.. and people have to cheat there way up to the top! Ill keep and eye out for ya. although we are on pretty big time differances.... i tend to only get 3-4 hours of sleep a day. Leaving me plenty of time to play on this here machine.

Stormyweather from tricks computer

Comment

i haven't played sof for a while.. might have to start playing again.

Comment

BEEFY I NEED HELP!!! downloaded the new patch the 1.02 patch and now i cant get into any rooms. The only mod that I had was man down which makes it where you can lay down I guess. But i cant get into any rooms

The new file that it installed was punkbuster and its the mod that I guess you were talking about!

does this mean that i will have to reload sof and lose all the rooms that I have downloaded??

On my other computer I am able to get into some rooms but that computer doesnt have nearly all the maps as this one.

Comment

There's a couple things it could be...

What happens when you try and join?

Comment

Two main things it could be:

1) When you install the patch, it sometimes renames one of the files in the Soldier of Fortune 2/base folder to update~1.pk3 or something. This needs to be renamed to update101.pk3.

2) Check and make sure than on the Multiplayer screen that lists all the servers that you have got the Punkbuster thing set to Yes...

If you're still having problems contact me on AIM as TTBeefy

Comment

Well I finally figured it out or atleast got it to work without having to reload it. We had to manually type it in when sof first loads on to a server type of thing...

It is soooooooooooooooooooooo much better..... there musta been thousands of cheaters cuzzzzzzzzzzz tonite i did some butt kicking!! Ya for me!! Another thing I noticed is the aim on the snipper is dead on it target. I spend so much time before trying to get it lined up. Seems it must of been some kinda mod or sumthing cuz I went from maybe 5 kills with a snipper to 20 so something must be working.

If anyone else has this problem after downloading the patch.... go into the readme files that came with the patch

there you will find what to type to enable the punkbuster

then you have to load sof and then press either caplock and the ~ or shift and the ~.

Comment

I had my most kills today 55 in a 20 minute game!! That was a killing for me!!

Comment

sounds like it was a killing for your opponents to.

Comment

Working...
                              X