Heat sink

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heat sink

What should i buy for a HSF (that is not too expensive)

i have an athlon 1.1 and a a7v133... i only overclock when it is cool enough in my house... but now my wife and I have a new baby and we have to keep the house pretty warm(cpu temp under load 59degC) .. i have a volcano 2.. looking at a Dragon orb3 7k (probally not tho) or a volcano 6cu+ 7k... what do you guys figure

ty in advance...

btw.. glad the site is back up.. i maynot have posted very much.. but i keep track of you guys.. makes for good reading while at work :zzz: ehehhehe

cya loopy
    :thumb:

My personal favorite is still the OCZ Gladiator with the 38CFM Delta mounted on it. It's not the quietest HSF on the planet, but it ROCKS, and can be gotten at a pretty reasonable price.

Now that the reviews are back online, just check out some of the recent ones and you'll see some comparisons of the different units that I have tested. That will give you an idea as to performance, and then you can just compare prices yourself. :)

Good luck.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Comment

TY for the direction.. heheh i looked up the Gladitor at my local puter store.. damn they was 65$ for one.. --- i think i am going with a vol 6cu+ w/7k delta.. for 30.. hardware is expensive in canada our dollar is weak..:cry:

Comment

Depending on where you live - these guys (in Toronto) have the Alpha 6035 for $32.50can - (fan is extra though)

I never been a big fan of Thermaltake solutions - (other than the Chrome Orb Epoxied to my Radeon 8500) - Alpha may be a little more money but I think you get a better product.

Comment

The Thermalright SK6 w/Delta is a good HSF. That's the one I'm currently using.

Comment

Originally posted by FA-MAS
            The Thermalright SK6 w/Delta is a good HSF. That's the one I'm currently using.
            SK6 is a good one - they're more like $50can - at least in the Toronto area :D

Comment

ThermoEngine. The performance depends mainly on the fan chosen. When mated to a decent fan, it matches entry level copper coolers.
              Onyx

TweakTown
              OCAU - Overclockers Australia
              CPF - CandlePower Forums

Antec 1080AMG with 430W TruePower

Comment

Thermoengines go for ~$50can in the Toronto area as well - it sounds like Loopy is looking for something a little cheaper

Comment

Get the Alpha PAL8045. They are only $29.99 for a bare heatsink at www.svcompucycle.com. Add a fan of your choice and you've got a top cooler for about $35.00!

With prices like that, who needs an SK-6? :thumb:

Comment

Originally posted by Cyrix
                    Get the Alpha PAL8045. They are only .99 for a bare heatsink at www.svcompucycle.com. Add a fan of your choice and you've got a top cooler for about .00!

With prices like that, who needs an SK-6? :thumb:
                    yeah $29US - that makes about $45can - trust me I thinsk the 8045 is worth it - that's what's in my box

but it seems like we're talking about $30can coolers ($19US)

Comment

Thanks guys.... when i went to the store and took a look at what they had, They had only 4 types a HSF:

Generic HSF
                      Dragon orb3
                      OCZ Gladiator
                      Volcano 6cu+

Well you can scratch that generic.... and OMG is that Dragon Orb ever heavy!!!!!! Probally rip my socket right off my board..
                      the Gladiator is what the sales guy was pushing.. and i know why: It looks nice and performs awsome but for 65$ + gst i just don't have that kinda money.. so i took home that Volcano 6cu+ for 30 bucks..
                      over the last week i cut a 80mm hole over my proc and put a fan there..
                      with this fan and the new HSF I dropped approx 12 deg.. Good enough for me!!!

I would have ordered from bigfoot computers.. but all i have is mastercard (which they take) but thier shipping company does not take mastercard.. so.. i just went local..

in all ty to all who replied to this post.:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Comment

Working...
                      X