Best fan/htsnk for 1800xp and drangon + mobo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best fan/htsnk for 1800xp and drangon + mobo

I am building a new pc and would like your input as to which is the best heatsink fan combo for a 1800xp cpu and a soyo dragon + mobo. I read some where that the capacitors are tight around
    the cpu socket. Any help would be great.
    Thanx Ed

just got a dragon + board myself a couple weeks ago.

a couple warnings, :D

apparently the scsi and RAID performance of the Via chipset on the board aren't the greatest, so if you plan on using either you might want another board, or wait till VIA finds out if they can fix it without redesigning the chipset.

another thing I found with mine, is that the VIA chipset has a real problem with SB sound cards, mine would totally lock up every 30mins if I played mp3s.
    moving the card to the 4th slot has helped, but it still seems to lock up every once in awhile.

matter of fact I think I'll start my own thread and see if someone has any ideas on that one ;)

Comment

That SoundBlaster problem has been fixed for some time now. It is incorporated in the latest VIA 4-in-1 driver set, and has been for about the past three revisions of it.
      Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
      My Toys

Comment

For the best cooling go for an Alpha Pal 8045 or Swiftech HSF. :smokin:
        <center> </center>

Comment

I say go for the new swiftech!

Comment

Thanx everyone. Time for me to get to work on the new pc this week end. Have one on me. or 2
            Wiggo babes rock Ed

Comment

Good luck with it!:thumb:

Comment

Go with Alpha Pal 8045, been using one for 2 months and it's great. Temps are down with slow 80mm fan on, almost noiseless. Can only immagine what it would do with a delta 80mm.

Comment

Yeh the Alpha pal8045 really kicks ass

Comment

Working...
                  X