Uninstall Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uninstall Issues

Have a friend who accidentally indtalled XP on both his HDD's, trying to uninstall one of them but the procedure windows recommends does not work as there is no option in the add/remove programs to remove the OS. Any suggestions?

Couldn't you just format the drive??
    The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

Looks like cd burnin backup, format time :D

Comment

yep format time

btw is this friend's name slamo?
        http://community.smoothwall.org/foru...ic.php?t=20262

Comment

my thoughts exactly.. ;)

Comment

Slamo it was you who did that... :?:

Comment

Your busted dude
              The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

No seriously, this time it was a friend, I am trying to help him fix his PC. BTW, we just did a system restore.

Comment

But did that get rid of the 2nd one? :D

Comment

You must of been smokin some pretty heavy plastic to install windows twice slamo, err, i mean slamos friend.

If you installed it twice to the same hard-drive (which windows shouldnt of let you but still...) then simply delete the one you dont want. Whether or not this will work is totally up to the install gods. You may need to sacrifice a goat or a first born child.

Else, just wipe the drive. Windows might ***** and moan about boot.ini/mbr probs but if you fire up the recovery console and type in 'help' itll list a program that re-scans your drives and reconstructs a boot.ini with data gathered. Itll also let you reconstuct MBRs as well as heaps of other things.

Comment

Working...
                    X