Gaming OS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gaming OS

I wish to know which is the best gaming OS. I currently have WinME *Shudder*. I'm looking for the best OS for my gaming purposes on this machine.

GA-7ZX VIA KT133 Chipset Motherboard
    856 AMD Athlon
    Geforce 2 MX 400
    164 RAM, soon to be 512 SDRAM
    50x ASUS CD-ROM

IMHO, WinXP Pro is the one I'd recommend. If you're a stickler for the olden days, then go with 98SE.

Outside of that, I don't see much else.
    Chris "Raven"
    News Crew - TweakTown
    <!--
    <font size=1>
    <font color=green>Main Beast:</font>
    - Athlon XP 1800+@1701MHz | EPoX 8KHA+ | Corsair 512MB XMS3200C2 | GeForce3 Ti200
    - 2x80GB WD 7200RPM | 40x12x48 Sony CDRW | Pioneer 16X DVD
    - Swiftech MCX462+ / Tt Smart Case Fan 2 | Antec 1030SX case w/ 431W Enermax PSU
    </font>
    // -->
    "Look at life like your morning cup of coffee. You might have one every day, yet you still enjoy it."

How to ask a good question

Comment

Now Windows XP has matured nicely as far as driver support goes, I would recommend it.
      Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
      Managing Director
      Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Comment

Thank you! :-D

Comment

Win2k or WinXP (or linux :) )are your only options since you will be upgrading to 512meg ram

non- NT kernel OSes have trouble addressing memory over the 256 range.

Comment

:-D
            I've decided to simply build a new computer all together for when I have 512 DDR RAM. And thus, I'll be reformatting in a few days and using the RAM that I have for Win98, however, I might buy a 128 stick of SD RAM just for the hell of it.

Comment

I was running winme,and loved it.Gaming was great.I hear so many bad things about winme,but i figured people don't know ****.i've ran win95,98,98se,and winme beats them handsdown.i'm currently running winxp pro,and it's all that!

Comment

Working...
              X