X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mac OS's

:laugh: :D :rolleyes:

Sorry, had to get the laugh in..

No really, I'm sure it's a good OS platform, but where are the games.. applications? Sure, PhotoShop is a godly program, but..

Maybe they should have let outside developers make Mac platform games and, God forbid.. HARDWARE. Then we might actually have a viable contender with the PC platform.
    Chris "Raven"
    News Crew - TweakTown
    <!--
    <font size=1>
    <font color=green>Main Beast:</font>
    - Athlon XP 1800+@1701MHz | EPoX 8KHA+ | Corsair 512MB XMS3200C2 | GeForce3 Ti200
    - 2x80GB WD 7200RPM | 40x12x48 Sony CDRW | Pioneer 16X DVD
    - Swiftech MCX462+ / Tt Smart Case Fan 2 | Antec 1030SX case w/ 431W Enermax PSU
    </font>
    // -->
    "Look at life like your morning cup of coffee. You might have one every day, yet you still enjoy it."

How to ask a good question

I agree. But every MAC user I know seems to be happy with their computer... I only ever touched a MAC once and couldn't wait to get back to my PERSONAL COMPUTER.

:devil win
    Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
    Managing Director
    Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Comment

My sister got an eMac a few weeks ago i have to admit, its quite hard to use at first but you eventually get used to it.

anyways... they do have games for it, just not a whole lot, when we were picking up her mac i went for a look around the rather small shop and found their little games section, it had SOF2, WC3, RTCW, and a few others that i can't remember
      TweakTown SETI@home Team

Comment

Shame shame shame Andy, are you saying you actually spent time on it?

:laugh:
        Managing Director
        Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Comment

i had to set the thing up so it could get the net via the network, which, thankfully, wasn't very hard at all :)
          TweakTown SETI@home Team

Comment

Fair enough then... :)
            Managing Director
            Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Comment

ID software also made quake 3 for the mac. Didn't they? I remember seeing a version somewhere for mac.

Anyway they've been doing there own thing for years and years. Ever since they came out. That's why the PC market is so much bigger. Truthfully with mac switching over to x86 you never know what will happen.

Comment

Macs are really not thet bad. I had a PowerMac for several years and liked it very much. The biggest problem for me was that I like to build and tweak my computers and cannot do much of that on a Mac.

Comment

heh wouldn't ya know it. after about 2 weeks it stopped working. we took it back about 1 and a half weeks later we find out its cos the analoue board (wtf?) was fried. its still at the mac center they said that they have a few eMacs that need the part :s
                  TweakTown SETI@home Team

Comment

:eek:
                    Sounds like Mr. Jobs needs to shake some folks up!
                    Sounds like a design flaw or QC problems with that many going bad.

ummm, what does an analouge board do:?: Is it actually composed of wood:laugh:
                    The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Macs are good at what they do. :)

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. C
                        what does an analouge board do:?:
                        well you've got me there (hence the 'wtf?' in the original post :p)
                        TweakTown SETI@home Team

Comment

Originally posted by Andy
                          well you've got me there (hence the 'wtf?' in the original post :p)
                          well what kind of forum is this, you guys are supposed to answer computer stuff:laugh:

on second thought - I hope we never need to know because apparently they don't work anyway
                          The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

An analoue board probably uses a wind up alarm clock to work and the spring may have broken. :?:

Comment

do they have a monitor or do they use etch-a-sketch:?:

to switch between running tasks - hold shiny side down and shake vigorously

Comment

Working...
                              X