Power cables!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power cables!

just got everything installed in my new comoputer. I have rounnded Ide cables and they are great. The only problem is what to do with all the damn power cables. They are everywhere....hehe my computer looks like a plate of black, yellow, and red pasta.

What did you guys do to clean up this mess, I thought about using some electric tape...but the tape will eventually seperate and the adhesive on the tape might melt on the components. What dhould I use!
    Thanks
    :rolleyes:

Its sounds harder then it really is. Go to a radio shack (you do have one right?) and get yourself some spiral wrap. I got myself 10 feet of it for 2 bucks at the shack.

Once you get back to your PC remove the power supply and get in a comfortable position as this might take a while. Then start wrappen. I of course recommend you keep the ATX connector separate. THen I took the pentium 4 connector and bundled it with that half an AT connector and put those togheter. Put some 4 pin and 3 pins together and organize it the way things will be plugged in. THen put the PSU back in the case plug things in and you should be all set. The pic below shows what I used to have and what I have now. Look at the bottom of the picture. Of course I organized it a bit more since the pic.

This is of course your gonna use this solution you can always use something like split loom or that other stuff that melts OMG I forgot what it was called.

Comment

Heatshrink tubing.

RD, for some reason, your graphics don't show up that you link.. I get that "Fortunecity" placeholder.

[EDIT] Nevermind, they were just a temporary download placeholder that Fortunecity uses. Showing up fine now.
      Chris "Raven"
      News Crew - TweakTown
      <!--
      <font size=1>
      <font color=green>Main Beast:</font>
      - Athlon XP 1800+@1701MHz | EPoX 8KHA+ | Corsair 512MB XMS3200C2 | GeForce3 Ti200
      - 2x80GB WD 7200RPM | 40x12x48 Sony CDRW | Pioneer 16X DVD
      - Swiftech MCX462+ / Tt Smart Case Fan 2 | Antec 1030SX case w/ 431W Enermax PSU
      </font>
      // -->
      "Look at life like your morning cup of coffee. You might have one every day, yet you still enjoy it."

How to ask a good question

Comment

I had a feeling that was gonna happen. FOr some reason I get the graphic. Do you know of a webserver that doesn't use the |337 system? I need a webserver that's free and I can store images on it so you can see the graphic. What about in my signature? Do you get the fortunecity graphic too or my signature?

Comment

It was temporary i think.. but I do remember it happening on your previous posts. It's usually the sig that's got the placeholder too.

Hmm.. a site that you can link to.. Try www.hypermart.net

[EDIT]
          http://www.hypermart.net/t/registrat...ckageinfo#free
          Chris "Raven"
          News Crew - TweakTown
          <!--
          <font size=1>
          <font color=green>Main Beast:</font>
          - Athlon XP 1800+@1701MHz | EPoX 8KHA+ | Corsair 512MB XMS3200C2 | GeForce3 Ti200
          - 2x80GB WD 7200RPM | 40x12x48 Sony CDRW | Pioneer 16X DVD
          - Swiftech MCX462+ / Tt Smart Case Fan 2 | Antec 1030SX case w/ 431W Enermax PSU
          </font>
          // -->
          "Look at life like your morning cup of coffee. You might have one every day, yet you still enjoy it."

How to ask a good question

Comment

strange it won't let me join the free plan :(

Comment

ReSpAwN DeMoN thanks I will do that tomorrow!!! hehe, is there a radio shack where I live! There is one on every corner. I really do not know how any of them stay in business, whenever I go in they are empty! Oh well. Thanks for the info.:thumb:

Comment

Well, got the spiral wrap. . . and wrapped the cables. It was oh so much fun. Really it was :thumbs do . Well, I must say the inside of my case looks great with the rounded cables and the spiral wrappedpower plugs.
                :p

Comment

Hey RESPAWN, try geocities.com out. They say they don't want you to store files that people can't see but they don't enofrce it at all... just stick a couple HTML files in your folders.

Comment

Originally posted by saidin
                    Well, got the spiral wrap. . . and wrapped the cables. It was oh so much fun. Really it was :thumbs do . Well, I must say the inside of my case looks great with the rounded cables and the spiral wrappedpower plugs.
                    :p
                    Glad to hear! I knew it would be fun I had fun while doing it. And the best part is looking back at it and looking at your accomplishments. My only problem is I have alot of fans and those power cables are so unorganized. And I can round them either cuase then it'll be even worse. Its so horrible and I think a fan bus would be even worse cause all the cables have to lead to it.

Originally posted by pga1234
                    Hey RESPAWN, try geocities.com out. They say they don't want you to store files that people can't see but they don't enofrce it at all... just stick a couple HTML files in your folders.
                    I'll try geocities out. As of now I think I'm having success with angel fire. THey have in images folder which I never took advantage of. Can you see this pic below if so then it looks like I'm in luck

for some reason it doesn't work by just clicking on it I don't know why but it works fine when copy pasting it into your browser

http://www.angelfire.com/goth/respaw...images/ls1.gif

Comment

Working...
                    X