Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asus P5AD2-E Deluxe Mass Storage Controller

Hey Guys,
    I dragged an old pc out of retirement to give to a friend, it was a good spec about 5 years ago, then it had XP on it with no problem, however he's formatted and tried to load W7, however with problems.
    Its an Asus P5AD2-E Deluxe Motherboard with Intel ICH6 Chipset, after install he has a yellow triangle for Mass Storage Controller Code 28, driver not installed.

If he attempts to plug an external drive into a usb port he gets "not responding", which I'm sure is to do with the Mass Storage Controller error.
    The machine also is not stable, unless he removes the external drive.

It has 2 x 250gb Western Digital HD's internal set to Raid 0, W7 seems to see that ok as drive C.

He is strapped for cash, hence why I let him have the machine, did not think he would have a problem loading W7.

I know there are some guys on here with vast knowledge, so does anyone know about the Mass Storage Controller driver.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks Steve.
    Case = Lian Li PC-P50B.
    Motherboard = Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD7.
    Fan = Coolermaster V8.
    CPU = i7 930.
    SSD Samsung 850 EVO 1TB
    Ram = Corsair 1600 Dominators 6GB.
    Power Supply = Tagan TG900-BZ.
    Graphics Card = Sapphire ATI Radeon HD 5850 Toxic 1024MB GDDR5 PCI-Express Graphics Card.
    DVD RW Drive Sata = Lite-On Rewriter Drive.

Re: Asus P5AD2-E Deluxe Mass Storage Controller

since asus' page doesn't even offer usb driver for any other windows OS, my best guess would be to contact asus customer support and tell them the problem. Maybe they have or can link to drivers directly from the controlling chip
    My advice - never visit a short-url, no matter who gives it to you. You can't trust any source at any time when you don't know your target
    Whitey:Snuggles: Zotac Zbox HD-ID40 (Atom d525, worst purchase ever on cpu), Patriot Pyro 60GB (Thanks to Tweaktown Giveaway), 4GB 800' DDR2 SO-DIMM
    Bcube (NAS): ASUS F1A75-I Deluxe, AMD A6-3500 @ 2.1GHz, LSI 9240-8i (M1015) controller, GSkill Ares 1866 8GB blue kit, 4x Seagate SV35.5 2TB, 1x Seagate Barracuda 1.5TB, 1x Samsung HD103UJ, 1x Samsung F4 2TB, Temp. Rebel9 Alu case, Corsair H60, 2x Icy Dock MB973SP-B, NZXT UI01, Enermax T.B. Silence on docks and cpu, Aurum 500W gold PSU. (Draws 65W average, doesn't peak above 100W at any time)

Comment

Yes good call, I have contacted Asus, currently waiting for a reply.

Regards Steve.
      Case = Lian Li PC-P50B.
      Fan = Coolermaster V8.
      CPU = i7 930.
      SSD Samsung 850 EVO 1TB
      Graphics Card = Sapphire ATI Radeon HD 5850 Toxic 1024MB GDDR5 PCI-Express Graphics Card.

Comment

Well not the reply I wanted from Asus "We no longer support this motherboard"

If they told you that before you bought their products I wonder if people would buy.

Not much help at all, very disappointed.
        Case = Lian Li PC-P50B.
        Fan = Coolermaster V8.
        CPU = i7 930.
        SSD Samsung 850 EVO 1TB

Comment

its a shame. Guess its a winXP or win2k only machine (or non-windows) .. got one of those myself (a laptop, same problem aka no drivers)
          My advice - never visit a short-url, no matter who gives it to you. You can't trust any source at any time when you don't know your target
          Whitey:Snuggles: Zotac Zbox HD-ID40 (Atom d525, worst purchase ever on cpu), Patriot Pyro 60GB (Thanks to Tweaktown Giveaway), 4GB 800' DDR2 SO-DIMM
          Bcube (NAS): ASUS F1A75-I Deluxe, AMD A6-3500 @ 2.1GHz, LSI 9240-8i (M1015) controller, GSkill Ares 1866 8GB blue kit, 4x Seagate SV35.5 2TB, 1x Seagate Barracuda 1.5TB, 1x Samsung HD103UJ, 1x Samsung F4 2TB, Temp. Rebel9 Alu case, Corsair H60, 2x Icy Dock MB973SP-B, NZXT UI01, Enermax T.B. Silence on docks and cpu, Aurum 500W gold PSU. (Draws 65W average, doesn't peak above 100W at any time)

Comment

Well it seems things are looking up.
            The two drivers that W7 had nothing for, we tried the XP drivers to see how things went, and so far so good.
            Looks like we may have saved the machine from the crusher.

I did email Asus back saying how disappointed I was with the reply I had, and to be fair they had another look and did offer some advise by telling me what the controllers were for.
            It was after this that we found another forum where it was suggested not to use Vista but XP drivers for those that were missing.

Machine seems stable, so time will tell.
            Case = Lian Li PC-P50B.
            Fan = Coolermaster V8.
            CPU = i7 930.
            SSD Samsung 850 EVO 1TB

Comment

Working...
            X