Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 16GB Memory Kit for GA-790FXTA-UD5

Hi,

I was wondering if there are any 16GB kits that are compatible for the GA-790FXTA-UD5 motherboard? If so which kit would you recommend?

Thanks in advance,

Teknology9

Re: 16GB Memory Kit for GA-790FXTA-UD5

Well I'm sure the QVL would be outdated on that board so I'm not sure what 16GB kits would or would not be compatible.

Some memory manufacturers post compatible boards with their kits, like I know G.Skill and Crucial do this, so you may be able to find a guaranteed compatible kit that way. The only other things I can think of would be to ask Gigabyte directly if they have tested any 16GB kits on that board since the last update of the QVL. Or you could also google around GA-79X* and 16GB and see if you can find other users using 16GB with that board, then you can ask them or hopefully see what kits they are using.

Do you need 16GB, or want? If you don't specifically need it, then you'd be better off sticking to 4GB or 8GB just because it will be easier on the motherboard, and easier for you to tweak if you wanted.

Comment

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I haven't ventured down the road of overclocking my 1090T as the system is responsive. I'll take your advice and stick with 8GB although I have noticed that Crucial do have a 16GB kit.

Thanks,

teknology9

Comment

I just replied to your PM, if you are eyeballing Z77 then I'd say wait or go ahead and grab 16GB now but only use if you need it as it may be a hassle on that board, but it'll be fine later when you get Z77

Comment

Working...
        X