Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ABIT At7 Max 2 Dead

Well,
    I am back with my old computer, ahhh old faithful.
    I was playing some counter-stike with my new computer and the server switched maps, and my computer froze. I was like hmmm, this is odd. So I restarted my computer. No post, no boot. Damnit I thought, muse be my vc. Well I took it out and plugged into my old computer. Booted with video.
    Well to make a long story short...after resteating everything..my mobo is dead.
    I know it is not the procesor or mem, b/c I burned it in for 1.5 days...and it was fine after that. The cpu temp was always well within the range. Both mem and cpu were under a lot of stress!

Also, when I tried to clear the cmos it would not power on to reset it...so I am 98% sure it is the mobo. I am really annoyed right now, b/v I was loving my new computer!! :shoot3: :snip:

sorry bud, that really sucks @ss !:thumbs do
    SPAM Special Ops

Comment

can you replace it on warranty ?
      SPAM Special Ops

Comment

yeah, I am going to RMA it to the place I bought it from...the only problem is that it will take a while...cause I have to ship to them and then they have to "test" it and then they will ship it back. So, yes, but it will be a while. :laugh:

Comment

Is the 5v standby led lit on the mobo? If not, could it be the psu? I am also confused when you say "when I tried to clear the cmos it would not power on to reset it". The cmos resets with the power off. You should even use an "off" switch on the psu or unplug it.

Comment

Keep us updated Saidin...That **** sucks bro...: peace2:
            - Damien

Comment

That really sucks. CS is the devil :(. Anyway hope I don't get the same probs and that you get your mobo back soon :cry:.

Comment

bigjackusa
                Is the 5v standby led lit on the mobo
                Yes it is. It is not the PSU, it is turing on...alll the fan are running..

About hte Cmos, I always thought you had to change he jumper...turn the computer on. But I guess not. It does not matter about the cmos, it was not posting before I even tried that option. Anyways, mobo is dad in the water.....:laugh:
                Wow, this sux0rs! :cry: :cry: :cry:

Comment

As I recall, powering up the mobo with jumper set to clear cmos can burn out some small capacitors. If that happened, I hope they don't see it when you rma it. They might be hard to convince that it was screwed up before that.
                  Good luck anyway.

Comment

hmm, I do not think that did any thing.....since the one time I tried it, it never turned on. Plus, I have check the mobo to see if anything looks like it might of burned out, but I have not been able to see anything....

Comment

Originally posted by saidin
                      Yes it is. It is not the PSU, it is turing on...alll the fan are running..

About hte Cmos, I always thought you had to change he jumper...turn the computer on. But I guess not. It does not matter about the cmos, it was not posting before I even tried that option. Anyways, mobo is dad in the water.....:laugh:
                      Wow, this sux0rs! :cry: :cry: :cry:
                      I had the same problem with my first EPoX 8KHA+.. got it.. spent a half an hour getting everything plugged in, and organized.. it would power up fine, but no display. Swapped out video card to check that too. Chatted with the techies for a bit and they agreed with me that it was a great candidate for a RMA.

RMA'd it and the one I have works just fine. Sometimes you get a lemon.
                      Chris "Raven"
                      News Crew - TweakTown
                      <!--
                      <font size=1>
                      <font color=green>Main Beast:</font>
                      - Athlon XP 1800+@1701MHz | EPoX 8KHA+ | Corsair 512MB XMS3200C2 | GeForce3 Ti200
                      - 2x80GB WD 7200RPM | 40x12x48 Sony CDRW | Pioneer 16X DVD
                      - Swiftech MCX462+ / Tt Smart Case Fan 2 | Antec 1030SX case w/ 431W Enermax PSU
                      </font>
                      // -->
                      "Look at life like your morning cup of coffee. You might have one every day, yet you still enjoy it."

How to ask a good question

Comment

Oh, as for CMOS clearing: Remove the jumper, and move it to the Clear CMOS position. Wait 30 seconds, and flip the jumper back to its original position.

Make sure your power is either disconnected, or the switch is off on the PSU first. When the CMOS clears, it usually re-enables the "Power on after power loss" feature, and restarts the computer. I did that once and it scared the bejeesus out of me.
                        Chris "Raven"
                        News Crew - TweakTown
                        <!--
                        <font size=1>
                        <font color=green>Main Beast:</font>
                        - Athlon XP 1800+@1701MHz | EPoX 8KHA+ | Corsair 512MB XMS3200C2 | GeForce3 Ti200
                        - 2x80GB WD 7200RPM | 40x12x48 Sony CDRW | Pioneer 16X DVD
                        - Swiftech MCX462+ / Tt Smart Case Fan 2 | Antec 1030SX case w/ 431W Enermax PSU
                        </font>
                        // -->
                        "Look at life like your morning cup of coffee. You might have one every day, yet you still enjoy it."

How to ask a good question

Comment

hehe, well considering it will not boot up. Even after clearing the cmos. Nothing, nada. No post. All I get is the fans and the 5 v indicator. I cannot do much with that, except look at the pretty light. hehehe
                          :cry:

Comment

Hey saidin, where did you buy your mobo from?

Comment

computerhq.com, but I would not get it from them. They have been nothing but a thorn in my side. Just trying to get an RMA number and derictions emailed to me, with shipping address took forever. No one ever picks up the phone there. OMG, it was annoying!

I finally got it sent off, but won't get a new one for another two weeks. It is ridiculous. :bounce2:

Comment

Working...
                              X