just a silly question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• just a silly question

I just exchanged my xp 1600+ for an 1800+ is it normal that my cpu temp is between 49-55 degrees celsius? what is the critical temp? is it 60 degrees celsius?

my rig

abit kg7
    amd xp 1800+
    sb live 5.1
    512 ddr pc 2100
    geforce 2 mx

55c is a bit high but it shouldn't cause any problems. Aim to keep the temp below 60c or you are going to start seeing problems
    Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
    Managing Director
    Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Comment

thanks for the quick response.

The weird thing is that the temp in my room is around 75 degrees farenheit and i used to have a volcano, but i put a better one that looked like the one that comes with the retail cpu's

Also i put some artic silver on the core. the cpu works around 5300-5500 rpms is that good or bad?

the weird thing is that the cpu start at 46 degrees when i leave it off for a few mins then it gets all the way to 51 and the higher it got was 55 but then it returns to 53 and then go back to 51

Comment

How many case fans do you have? It isnt going to cool your cpu if you have hot ambient air.

Comment

Fan rpm should be in the rated range for the fan. If it's a 5500rpm rated fan then that is good. If it's a 7000rpm fan w/o thermal control, then that's bad. It's probably ok. In the future, when choosing cpu fans, the 2 big specs to consider are cfm and noise. What makes your new fan better, design, materials, fit and finish? Did you remove the original thermal pad and clean with alcohol before applying Artic Silver? Have you considered that your temp monitor is inaccurate?

Comment

well i just installed a fan that takes the air out of the case, is that right?

Mhh before i didn't have any case fan there.

About the thermal pad, i installed that cpu fan to my old cpu an 1600+ and when i put the 1800+ it had the artic silver and the thermal pad on the fan was kinda melted on the old cpu.

Now the cpu temp is in steady 49

Comment

Any new fan will help, but do you just have the one exhaust fan? Anyway you should look into a good temp moniter, which type are you using right now?

Comment

the via hardware monitor is the soft i am using right now.

Also i think is giving me the right temp because is the same as the bios

Comment

Working...
                X