No announcement yet.

athlon xp 1700+ with volcano 7+ with arctic silver 3 at 50c.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• athlon xp 1700+ with volcano 7+ with arctic silver 3 at 50c.

my athlon xp 1700+ with volcano 7+ is at 50c with arctic silver 3.the case temp is 38c
    is there a problem?:thumbs do

it dpends on its surroundings. Do you have any other case fans? Be it intake or exaust? This is of course NOT including the power supply. Also what do you have its environment temperatures? IE AC?

Comment

it has 4 intake and 1 output
      ambient temp 27c

Comment

Originally posted by bgeh
        it has 4 intake and 1 output
        ambient temp 27c
        That's not really an optimal setup. For a solid airflow going through the case, the fans should be set up with nearly equal intake and exhaust. The way you have your rig set up right now, you are forcing a whole bunch of air into the case and then it is just sitting there. There just isn't enough exhaust to get rid of everything you're pumping in. When the air sits inside the case for any amount of time, it heats up. Now we're fighting the same battle as before.

Since you're running five fans, set up an additional exhaust. Natural airflow produces the best results, so try to have your intakes set low in the case and the exhaust fans set higher up. This allows for the natural rising of heated air and then the expulsion of that hot air.

A little extra intake isn't bad, but a lot of extra intake won't help your situation any. And something else to consider is the volume of air that your fans are rated at. This is where you'll want to try to make sure that your intake and exhaust are close in volume.
        Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
        My Toys

Comment

thanks for your tip
          my case temp has dropped
          but my cpu temp is still high

Comment

Did you also fit the clip the right way around with it putting contact preasure directly over the core (some ppl have fitted the clip around the wrong way which will cause improper contact) ? :?:
            <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

thanks you guys
              apparently i installed the heatsink the wrong way(no thanks to the instructions)

Comment

Along the same lines...

My case is an Antec Plus 860
                3 intake fans
                2 exhaust fans

1 fan each controlled by the dual fan psu (lowest intake/lowest exhaust)

I have an AthlonXP 1800+
                Volcano7+ (the clip is the right way around )
                Artic Silver 3

My CPU temp is 52c
                My case temp is 37c

The Volcano7+ is on LOW setting...are these temps normal with this setup ?
                Or should I have ALL my case fans at full speed (ie: not psu controlled) ?
                Should I up the V7+ speed to medium ? high speed is too loud for my liking...
                SPAM Special Ops

Comment

P.S. those temps were after I watched a DVD movie...but they seem to be normal...
                  SPAM Special Ops

Comment

Oh and these readings were taking with the Gigabyte Utility Manager software included with my mobo...where can I get "motherboard monitor" ? I've just read about it elsewhere in this forum...
                    SPAM Special Ops

Comment

For the low setting probably but I would never use it as medium (46c under load) is my usual settin' with high used only when necessary (rarely). ;)
                      <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

I'm confused... what would you guys suggest I do ?
                        SPAM Special Ops

Comment

up the fan to medium that will bring the temps down by a signifigant amount.

Comment

Volcano7+ is at Medium and all the case fans are at Full speed
                            cpu 49c
                            case 35c
                            is this acceptable ?
                            SPAM Special Ops

Comment

i dunno but mine is
                              39c case temp
                              and 49c cpu

Comment

Working...
                              X