Volcano 7 vs WBK38

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Volcano 7 vs WBK38

Which one will provide better cooling to my Athlon Thunderbird 1.4GHz 266MHz FSB? Keep in mind this is a regular volcano 7 not the 7+. I know the differences are the 7+ has that switch and is a copper heatsink and a smaller fan. Also about 3 times the price. Other then that the volcano 7 has a bigger fan and a regular aluminum heatsink with a copper insert. However I am aware that the 7+'s clip uses all 3 tabs on the socket. Does the regular 7 use this as well? Or only the center one. Please notify me as my dad might be buying one to further cool down my aunts PC hers is running a bit hot. And I'm thinking of going half and half with him so he can get my WBK38 and I get the volcano 7. Would this be an upgrade or a downgrade? In terms of temps and how much it will affect me. My temps are as follows

CPU Idle: 37.7C (100F)
    CPU Full load: 43.8C (111F)

Case Idle: 27.7C (82F)
    Case Full load: 33.3C (93F)

The sound doesn't really bother me as I have been deal with the delta as well as the 8 surrounding sunnon's for over a year now.

Well here, http://www.dansdata.com/coolercomp.htm , the Volcano 7 comes out in front and the thermal sensor can be modded to make it perform even better also consider the Volcano 9 as it's just a Volcano 7 with a better fan setup. The 7 an 9 are within a few dollars of each other here though both arn't much cheaper than the 7+. ;)
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

Well as for price on newegg.com the Volcano 7 is $15USD and the Volcano 7+ is about $45USD. As for the volcano 9 I have a window in my case. I don't really like orange.

Comment

45USD for the 7+!!! Geees its like 60 bucks AUD here so thats like 30USD approx....

Comment

heh the price dropped last I checked for the 7+ its now 38 approx. But that still more then twice the price of the 15 for the 7.

Wiggo I looked at that link you gave me and it says the volcano 9 has a 3 prong clip for all three lugs on the socket. It said the volcano 7 had a REGULAR clip. Can I put the volcano 7 in manual at all? Like I want the fan running at its top speed ALL THE TIME. For most effiecient cooling.

Comment

have a look for an original thermalright SK-6 - the release of the SLK600's and 800's has caused enough of a price drop to put them in the $15-$20US price range & it out performs both the Volcanoe7 & the WBK38 with a comparable fan.

Comment

when you said with a compareable fan at first I thought you ment with a different fan then it comes with stock. This thing doesn't have a fan at all! I'm gonna pay 45 for a heatsink without a fan? That's the SLK 800. The SLK 6 has no fan either but it is only 13. heh

Comment

The 7 here is around $45aus, the 9 is around $50aus and the 7+ $55aus plus usually we pay double what you pay. :?:

The 7 can be made to run at full speed constantly by cutting off the diode and joining the 2 wires together. ;)
                <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

so in your currency. There is only a 10 dollar difference between the 7+ and the 7? Now if that were the case I would definitly get a 7+. However the 7+ is about 3 times the price of the 7. Like I said before. Eh I'll look into getting the volcano 9. I'm not sure about it because the fan is orange and its just to plain looking. I think the v7 has more of a design then the 9. But that 3 prong clip is really interesting me.

Comment

Working...
                  X