ASRock Fatal1ty Z77 Professional won't boot unless it's using iGP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASRock Fatal1ty Z77 Professional won't boot unless it's using iGP

Last edited by assrock; 05-12-2012, 04:21 AM.

Re: ASRock Fatal1ty Z77 Professional won't boot unless it's using iGP

Look in your bios there should be a place to set the board to use the pcie slot as the main graphics.
    Motherboard Name ASRock extream6
    Inteli7-4790k @4.5ghz
    16gig Corsair Vengeance CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9
    SAPPHIRE TRI-X OC 100362-2SR Radeon R9 290

Mouse logitech G602
    windows 7 ultimate
    lg blue ray burner
    Os smsung xp941 256gb
    storage 2 1tb drives 2 500 gig drives
    evga 1300 watt gold
    in win GRone Gray 0.8mm atx full tower case
    cpu heatsink corsair hydro h50
    Logitech THX Z-5300 surround sound system
    LG 27inch monitor

Comment

Originally posted by richard694000 View Post
      Look in your bios there should be a place to set the board to use the pcie slot as the main graphics.
      Thanks for the reply. It was already set to PCIe. Is this common with all Sandy/Ivy Bridge processors or just this board?

If its just one GFX, is it meant to be put into a certain slot? I put it at the top most PCIe 16x slot.

Comment

I am having the exact same issue...

Well.. The system boots; but just will not show via display on 3rd party card... if you change back to built in card, system shows video.

My MB is Z77 Fatil1ty Professional; CPU is Ivy Bridge Intel I7-3700K; 16 Gb RipJaw RAM, Video Display, HIS ATI Radeon 7950.

System will NOT display ANY video whatsoever from HIS card, only Intel HD 4000 Graphics Adapter is detected, as it is defaulted on MB. I have moved video card to two other PCI-E x16 Slots and the same results. No detection of card what so ever.

I have d/l latest drivers from ATI.. Bottomline is the video card is not detected. I contacted HIS support and their reply was "ensure PCI-E power cables are properly installed".. Come on guys.. Give me a break..

The only display available to me is via the HDMI port on Intel HD 4000, which is built in.

I paid top dollar for this video card and am extremely disappointed it is not even detected. I have checked the BIOS, its set to PCI-E for display. I have tried all three settings, PCI-E, PCI and onboard. Nothing changes. Any guidance is greatly appreciated.. I really need an answer to this issue.....

Currently Video is plugged into PCI-E2 (16x, PCI-E 3.0). Im almost positive there is nothing wrong with the video card; however I can't be 100% positive because I don't have another system to test; but it was factory sealed and unopened upon purchase.

HELP!

--MB Fata1ity Professional Z77 (Bios 1.00)
        --Memory: RipJaw Performance (2x8Gig= 16 Gb)
        --CPU: Intel i7-3770K
        --Display: HIS ATI Radeon 7950, 3Gig RAM
        --HD: 2 WD Scorpion 1 TB Each
        --PS: Ultra PS-750

Comment

Disable Virtu, man.
          Depending on the Virtu setting you're running, the ports on the card will be disabled.

I believe it's Virtu green you need to disable, though I could be wrong.
          Disable MVP too if you don't want to use it, it is pretty cool though.

Hope this helps.
          ASRock Extreme6 z77, i5 3570k, GTX 670, 16GB Mushkin Enhanced 1600mhz CL 8, 750GB Seagate Momentus XT, 1TB Caviar Green, OCZ ZX 850, NZXT Phantom, Asus VS247H

Comment

Good News! Problem resolved!

The problem exists because of invalid BIOS settings. To fix issue; you MUST d/l BIOS version BETA 1.08. It is available via this link: ftp://174.142.97.10/bios/1155/Fatal1...(L1.08)ROM.zip This is a direct link to ASROCK Beta Zone for Z77 Professional L1.08.

Once installed; on first boot the issue was gone; as a matter a fact I thought the BIOS update had fried my board because I had NO video what so ever... I got kinda nervous.. Then I realized I had my HDMI plugged into the Onboard Graphics Adapter; I quickly moved the cable and Poof... I had video emitting from the HIS Radeon 7950 card...

I then reinstalled the ATI Catalyst drivers (most current from website) and all is good.

This issue is now solved in my case.

Comment

Originally posted by tmcarter View Post
              Good News! Problem resolved!

The problem exists because of invalid BIOS settings. To fix issue; you MUST d/l BIOS version BETA 1.08. It is available via this link: ftp://174.142.97.10/bios/1155/Fatal1...(L1.08)ROM.zip This is a direct link to ASROCK Beta Zone for Z77 Professional L1.08.

Once installed; on first boot the issue was gone; as a matter a fact I thought the BIOS update had fried my board because I had NO video what so ever... I got kinda nervous.. Then I realized I had my HDMI plugged into the Onboard Graphics Adapter; I quickly moved the cable and Poof... I had video emitting from the HIS Radeon 7950 card...

I then reinstalled the ATI Catalyst drivers (most current from website) and all is good.

This issue is now solved in my case.
              Exactly my situation. I spent hours on this. I had it all packed up ready to return in fact. I thought, let me give it one more try and Bingo!
              Z77 Pro, 3770K, MSI GTX 680 Thank You!!

Comment

Working...
              X