Z68 Extreme3 Gen3 USB problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Z68 Extreme3 Gen3 USB problems

I just recently built a new system using the z68. Everything is great except for usb issues that im having and cant fix. Originally it was my mouse getting disconnected briefly then automatically reconnecting. I bought a new mouse to make sure the problem wasn't the mouse and the new mouse did the same thing. Another problem that just arose has to do with my g13 game pad which now whenever I plug in immediately pops up the "device is ready to safely remove" prompt in the task bar. The hardware wont communicate with the software either to use it. Prior to today that was not the case.

I could really use some help if anyone has any advice.

Things I have tried so far..

Updated bios to 2.10
    Uninstalled both software and hardware(mouse and game pad)
    Reinstalled both software and hardware(mouse and game pad)
    Unistalled usb 3.0 driver and re installed.
    Changed bios setting Tried multiple configurations ie. usb legacy support on and off. USB 3.0 completely disabled. etc etc
    Cleared cmos(via the clear cmos switch on the back panel I couldnt locate the actually battery on the motherboard to take it out manually)

I really am at my wits end. HALP!
    Thanks in advance

Re: Z68 Extreme3 Gen3 USB problems

Originally posted by Unionjack View Post
    I just recently built a new system using the z68. Everything is great except for usb issues that im having and cant fix. Originally it was my mouse getting disconnected briefly then automatically reconnecting. I bought a new mouse to make sure the problem wasn't the mouse and the new mouse did the same thing. Another problem that just arose has to do with my g13 game pad which now whenever I plug in immediately pops up the "device is ready to safely remove" prompt in the task bar. The hardware wont communicate with the software either to use it. Prior to today that was not the case. I could really use some help if anyone has any advice. Things I have tried so far.. Updated bios to 2.10 Uninstalled both software and hardware(mouse and game pad) Reinstalled both software and hardware(mouse and game pad) Unistalled usb 3.0 driver and re installed. Changed bios setting Tried multiple configurations ie. usb legacy support on and off. USB 3.0 completely disabled. etc etc Cleared cmos(via the clear cmos switch on the back panel I couldnt locate the actually battery on the motherboard to take it out manually) I really am at my wits end. HALP! Thanks in advance
    Im still having this issue. I even did another clean install. Can anyone help?

Comment

Working...
    X