Has anyone tried MDK 9 yet??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone tried MDK 9 yet??

As the title asks...has anyone tried MDK 9 yet?? (Betas or RCs). If so is it worth the effort to update??

I've tried both RC2 and RC3.

RC2 had some bugs in the networking, but RC3 fixed all of those.

And yes, in my opinion, it is worth the effort to upgrade. Lots of new goodies, and just better intgration between everything.

Also the new KDE (3.0.3?) is included and just plain flew on our systems compared to earlier KDE.

But I must confess that I am still pretty new to linux, and have only been at this for about four months, so my opinion may not be worth much.

Comment

All opinions are worth it...I am not that much more experienced with Linux myself....and it shows that Linux is good for newbs too ..thanx

Comment

I downloaded all three iso's from game arena today so if anybody want's a copy just send me a pm.
        On another note, if you think kde-3.0.3 is good wait untill you see kde-3.1 here is a shot of my current desktop.
        (wallpaper made with KpovModeler),
        Click for the big pic.

And here is a shot of konqueror with tabs,
        p-two.net

Comment

Hey Bern....what is the system monitor you are running that gives the temp and fan speed etc????

Comment

*gkrellm*

Comment

Duuuhhh....helps if I bloody look doesn't it......have to cut down the red wine a bit I think......Thanx

Comment

lol np

There's also a Windows port of gkrellm in case anyone is interested.

http://bill.nalens.com/article.php?1.0

Comment

If you want gkrellm to display CPU and FAN info you need to install lm_sensors.
                  p-two.net

Comment

9.0 Beta 3 sucked, but 9.0 final is awesome. I even can use it without Windows 2000 if I wanted to if it weren't for the lack of file sharing clients. For those of you who are having problems with the scanner in Linux, feel free to contact me since I know how to fix it.

Comment

Working...
                    X