PDA

View Full Version : motherboard has little bend at the end - should I RMA?

aquax
06-25-2012, 01:01 PM
Hello, I just got my new P8Z77-V motherboard but I noticed the PCB is not flat, there a little bend at front panel area from the left to the right at the end of the motherboard, maybe it is not observed but I still see it. I already built the PC with it and powered up with no issues. Should I worry about that? This is my first ASUS motherboard in the last 10 years and I though quality should be better as the board feels cheaply made.

wazza300
06-26-2012, 07:39 PM
if its working fine i wouldnt go through the hassle of rma,your covered for 3years so any issue arise you can rma then?

hood6558
07-05-2012, 05:57 AM
Hello, I just got my new P8Z77-V motherboard but I noticed the PCB is not flat, there a little bend at front panel area from the left to the right at the end of the motherboard, maybe it is not observed but I still see it. I already built the PC with it and powered up with no issues. Should I worry about that? This is my first ASUS motherboard in the last 10 years and I though quality should be better as the board feels cheaply made.
You see that complaint a lot in NewEgg and TigerDirect reviews these days, and not just Asus. There never seems to be any kind of problem related to the warpage, so I wouldn't worry. I like the idea of Gigabyte's "Durable 4" and the upcoming "Durable 5" technology, part of which is the tighter weave of the fibers to repel moisture, and the thickness of the board. Maybe Asus needs to look into some gimmick like that. Asus is my favorite MB maker regardless, and I've never had a problem with warping or cracking on any of their boards.