Changing IE Title Bar in Win98

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing IE Title Bar in Win98

I there, I need help changing the IE title bar on my friends' Win98SE PC.

I used to know of a way to do this, but it slipped me.
    Appreciate any help.

Thanks!

Is this what your looking for?

http://www.winguides.com/registry/display.php/62/

Comment

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Microsoft \ Internet Explorer \ Main

Create a String Value - Window Title

Double-click the new value and enter the desired title

Should display the new title, if IE is running at the time of the registry editing you will need to close IE and restart it.
      The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

Something else to keep in mind if you use Hotbar or the like (a confirmed spyware BTW) is that these utilities will constantly change the browser bar title to what IT wants it to be.
        Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
        My Toys

Comment

wow that can't be too good. You know how annoying that would get?

Comment

Good point Darthtanion:thumb:

So does that work for you kewlest???
            I could probably find at least a dozen links to that how-to. Each contains the exact same information, yet when I try it --- nothing happens?!?

LOL

And no, I'm not running any helper applications with IE - spyware or otherwise?

I've been stumped for quite some time by this, it's the only registry tweak that has ever failed for me (excepting of course the ones that are supposed to give me better speed on dial-up:( ).

Not that I really care though, I can live with the titlebar as Bill intended it to be:laugh:
            The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

um heh heh it might not be just you. It doesn't work for me either. Could it be an XP thing? Cause I remember doing this thinking it was the coolest thing in the world when I was running win98 and I think a little even on win2k. Maybe on XP they prevented this from happening?

Comment

XP shenanigans don't affect me -------I'm using Win98 SE :laugh:

Hasn't ever worked for me, and for some reason I guess it never will.
                I've succesfully customized anything else I ever cared to try but the titlebar tweak is a total flop - bah, who cares though the browser works fine:)

Comment

lol ya.......I never used 98SE the 98 I was talking about that it worked for me was on the original 98.

Comment

When I wanted to change mine, I just opened the registry and typed in verbatim what the Explorer Bar always has into the search field. In my case, "Microsoft Internet Explorer". You will have very few results and simple common sense will show you which one to change. ;)
                    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
                    My Toys

Comment

Re: Changing IE Title Bar in Win98

When you have made that super rare WOW Power Leveling

, unless you want to keep it for yourself: you can either sell it on the Trade Broker, your

Personal Store or via word of Aion Gold. You have to be

aware that can take a long while at time to sell armorbecause there is always a limit on the

market. Be patient and he realistic about profit margins and you will always attain a good chunk

of Aion Gold Kinah in return. Word of

Buy WOW Gold can work in several ways well. Being known as polite

and helpful can always drive business to yourself and then you can find people to hire your

services in advance, at times lowering the drain of your own resources since often people can

supply many materials towards the end product WOW Gold.

Comment

Working...
                      X