Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mandrake

I just dwl an iso of mandrake 9.0.

I must burn, but i have nero installed on my xp. How can i burn this Iso?

After that.... to install Mandrake, i must have partion magic to resize my ntfs?

If so, is there a chance that installation with another Os - winxp- will work?

Start Nero, & close the wizard. Then, click :file/burn Image. Then browse to that very file you have & all should be fine. Remember to select finalise cd in the burning options

No you don't need Partion Majic.Mandrake comes with DiskDrake so save your money.

:thumb: Good Luck and welcome to linux. :D
    <!-- Begin Code Amber Ticker code. -->
    <P ALIGN=CENTER>
    <SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript1.2" src="http://www.codeamber.org/js/codea.js">
    </script>
    </P>
    <!-- end of Code Amber Ticker code (c)Copyright codeamber.org 2002, 2003-->

Comment

Comment

hmmmm...i managed to burn disk2 onto a CD no worries at all and that CD was only an 80min/700MB one. What brand and/or quality CD's are you using, that could be where your problem lies.

Comment

I'm not sure if DiskDrake can resize NTFS partitions, but if you have another hard drive over 5 GB, use it to create your Linux partitions. As for the CD-ROM brands, I recommend using Verbatim. And if you're trying to burn at full speed, try half of the full speed. Besides, Windows 2000 was the only Windows OS which I can burn the full 8X without any coasters. For the partitions, here's what I recommend (assuming you have 5 GB reserved for Linux) :

Ext3 Journalized FS of 4992 MB
          Swap of 128 MB

NOTE: 5120 MB = 5 GB

If you have any more concerns, contact me at [email protected].

Comment

Working...
          X