Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm having a Memory Problem

I bought this RAM: PNY-Optima MD8192KD3-1333 8GB DDR3 SDRAM

I'm trying to use this memory in my A55M-HVS Motherboard. The BIOS detects the RAM. When I load any Operating System, whether it be Windows 7 Ultimate Edition 64-Bit, Windows 8 Release Preview 64-Bit, or Ubuntu 10.10 64-Bit, the OS tells me that it can only use roughly 4 GB of the RAM. The other 4 GB is "Hardware Reserved." To try to fix this problem, I tried moving my RAM around, and tried using one module at a time. The OS detects each individual module and does not report any problems with the memory. So, I know that the modules are working properly. I've also updated the A55M-HVS BIOS to the latest version, which is currently 1.30. I've looked online for ways to fix this. I've come across the idea of enabling Memory Remapping in BIOS, but I can't find that option in the Motherboard's BIOS. Is there another solution to solving this problem, and letting me be able to use all of the RAM?

Re: I'm having a Memory Problem

Did you read your MOBO manual and your sure you have the sticks in the correct slots ?

Never mind, you only have two slots.

Did you try one stick at a time and run mem test ?

You can try- RUN msconfig, >boot tab>advanced options>check max memory and enter value, set for 6000, 6g

Wow, the memory support has a large list of different vendors, more then most check.

Not sure why you wouldn't use one that was tested, with such a large choice.
    Last edited by odiebugs; 07-20-2012, 02:56 PM.

Comment

Working...
    X