PDA

View Full Version : SilverStone Strider Gold Evolution 1000-watt Power Supply Review

Comment Bot
07-21-2012, 02:13 AM
Please feel free to comment about our story entitled "SilverStone Strider Gold Evolution 1000-watt Power Supply Review (http://www.tweaktown.com/reviews/4838/silverstone_strider_gold_evolution_1000watt_power_ supply_review/index.html)"

odiebugs
07-21-2012, 07:17 AM
Very nice job. The testing bed was great and seems to have covered all the bases. Seems one of the most important issues is
certification, and its ability to work at its 80 plus gold rating, and not dropping voltage on the rails.

Taking a PSU on Newegg was also smart, they seem to be a leader in PC parts, as anyone can see that MFG's follow Newegg and jump
on any bad reviews.

Looking forward to a review on Seasonic Platinum, which I feel is the only way to go now a day's.

Soon I will be upgrading from gold to platinum in the Seasonic, I think.

Seems everyone has highest hopes for corsair, but after my corsair shorted and fried the 24pin (melted ) I have never looked back.

The best would be a test bed between Silverstone, Kingwin, Enermax, Seasonic, with the 80 PLUS PLATINUM Certified models.

All tested together with results, as I think they are the top PSU's.

(Christmas wish list )
What I really would also like to see is a test between same benched CPU's one on lga 2011 and lga 1155, with a gtx 600 series to show the real gain of PCI-E 3.0 vs PCI-E 2.0

and also a bench between Sata 3 controllers, Intel chipset, Marvell 9182,9230, ASMedia, in a chart with say two top SSD's.

Its the latest hardware and a lot of board enthusiast want the best from their boards.